2nd G7 Death..&...The Replacement!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well my first G7 died a while ago, well it started double clicking when just hitting the left button once, and not long ago my 2nd one started doing it. :(

So....Yesterday i received my new G5 Revision 2, and damn good it is too, the first time i had a game with it was last night, a friendly match with another clan and i did good, so that's a good start! :D

Nearly went for the G9 but read too many people saying it feels too 'small' So that put me off as i have quite big hands. First decent wired mouse I've owned and i am pleased to say, the wire aint an issue, even when gaming. I use a standard Dell wired mouse at work so its no big change. The G5 has a nice braided cable, i guess that's a good thing. :)

Not much difference between the G5 and G7 tbh, just that it has a second thumb button. It also has a weight cartridge in place of where the battery goes in the G7 so i can 'tune' it to how i like, still playing atm. lol

Anyway, a pic.....

1201893038.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very nice! I've got the very basic RX1000 but it does for me :)

It's odd that they both start double clicking - are they out of warranty? Might be worth opening one up and seeing if you can fix it ;)

Taking something to bits, hitting it or putting it in the freezer normally fixes things
laughingsmiley.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
E&FF said:
What on earth are those little discs for? Are they weights?!

lol, nice to see you read my op! lol

Yes mate, they are. You get 8 1.7g and 8 4.5g weights that go in the blue cartridge that goes in a slot in the bottom of the mouse. :D

It does actually make a difference i think, its too light without them. :)

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know it went that technical!

Tbh, I did read most of it, lol, but once I scrolled down the pic just sort of caught my eye....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Very nice! I've got the very basic RX1000 but it does for me :)

It's odd that they both start double clicking - are they out of warranty? Might be worth opening one up and seeing if you can fix it ;)
Taking something to bits, hitting it or putting it in the freezer normally fixes things
laughingsmiley.gif
Sadly its a common problem with the G7, i think thats why they discontinued it. :(

Yeah, prob is still in warranty with logitech, but i got it from an Amazon marketplace seller, and i doubt i'd geta refund, and you cant get them for **** now. :(

I did see one on amazon for £40 but was used, so will probs end up doing the same thing again sooner or later.

Just Google "Logitech G7 double clicking" many many thread about it. Is a real shame, as i loved that mouse, especially as its the limited edition carbon fibre look one! lol

I do plan to destroy, erm i mean fix the old one though!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My G7's started to play up again after I fixed it some time ago. It will be two years old in March.

Same problem as before, scroll wheel making random gestures and sometimes not working at all.

I've had a G5 on another machine for some time now, it's a great mouse and I don't notice the cable either. I don't use any weights with it.

When my G7 eventually bites the dust I'll probably get another G5 but I have been eyeing the new Razer mice. If only you could try before you buy as the last Razer mouse I bought I didn't like at all, I sold it.

Reaction score
I would go for a G5 now if I was buying a mouse.

The Razer was actually a very good mouse after a few months of using it, but it is kind of a weird shape/feeling in your hand when you use it.

Plus the teflon feet have started to wear off, which is annoying.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had a razer Copperhead previously, couldn't get on with it at all.

I was considering this mouse: Akira Steel Series Optical or maybe the Razer Lachesis but if you read the reviews on the Razer it appears there's a problem with it where it can skip a few pixels now and again.

Razer are, apparently working on a firmware update but it did put me off of buying it.

Like I said, it really would help if somebody somewhere had a selection of Mice for you to try out before purchase.

I'd really like to know, for instance, what the Microsoft Gaming mouse is like, although I've never liked MS Mice at all.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Me just got me a new mat to compliment my new G5. I went for the Steelseries SX. (LINK)

Very smooth, very nice! I like it! LOL! :D

Picture!

1202497523.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
With postage that's over forty quid :eek:

For a Mouse Mat :eek:

Is it worth it? :confused:

I'm tempted to consider Taffycat's baking sheet suggestion - only a tenner :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Granted it is expensive for what it is. However, my Qpad cost £16, it now worn out after 4 months. My Titan cost £15, now thats a little worn too. Thats £30 plus postage costs.

This is made of aluminium coated in some anodized oxide something or another.

http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/surfaces/sx/information

So hopefully it will be a while before i need to replace it. :)

I do like it, just been practicing with my clan, i had to turn down the in game sensitivity as it was way more sensitive than with the old Titan gamer pad. Its like using your mouse on a sheet of ice! Its mm perfect tracking is great too, headshots a plenty!!
bowdown.gif

The only down side is that its damn cold when you first use it! lol and it get fingerprints on it easy too.

It came with an oil like coating on it, which i had to clean off as i dont want everything covered in that. Got a cloth in a bag too, thats soaked in the oil stuff too, apparently its to clean the mat and keep it slippery.

All in all i'm happy with it, If i had to give it a mark out of ten, i'd give it a 9. Price is a little steep, but its awesome. :D

Reaction score
Logitech MX Revolution Mouse

If anyones looking for a great all round mouse then check out this http://www.trustedreviews.com/peripherals/review/2007/01/16/Logitech-MX-Revolution-Mouse/p1 I love it :D Although not really designed as a gaming mouse but it works awesome with the games i have tried, its got that feeling where you know when something just feels right? If that makes any sense to you lol, its balanced perfect and just works like its supposed to. Its the first expensive mouse i have owned and id struggle going back to a basic mouse now. My favorite thing about it is the scroll wheel, it has a clutch so you can press it down then it unlocks the clicking effect and it becomes a super fast wheel that you can spin really quick to zip through documents its so smooth its unbelievable :D Like i said earlier its not really a gaming mouse and im not really a hardcore gamer but for a good all round mouse in my opinion you cant go wrong with this.

Cheers Lee.

Ask a Question