From: "Joe" <[email protected]>
Subject: 2000 Print Server
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:17:40 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

Our print server lately has been getting locked at 100%
CPU utilization even when there are no print jobs in any
queue. Looking at Task Manager it is WinLogon that is
causing the problem.

The Server is 2000 server, 1.6ghz, 1gb ram, lots of hd,
and only serves about 15 printers. All drivers are up to
date, latest patches and antivirus software (McAfee).

Has anyone else seen WinLogon take a constistant 99% CPU
time? This has us baffled, and we really can't rebuild it
becuase it is in use 24hrs a day.

Thanks,
Joe
--

Joe,

Take a look at the following article to see if applies. If it does you will need to contact support to obtain the hotfix.

822834 - Spooler Failure Causes High CPU Usage in the Winlogon.exe and Spoolsv.exe Processes on a Windows
2000 Terminal Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];822834

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.