    drive stops spinning after about 5 minutes of no activity. The stystem will
    stay this way for hours or until a mysterious Erro 1628 window pops up on my
    screen.

    Guest, Dec 20, 2004

    Richie NY Guest

    Check with the manufacturer of the game, see if they have
    a fix to match SP2, not all products are compatible

    automatically. Today, I
    >tried to install a new game and installsheild program

    freezes (stops). the
    >installshield wizard goes through a successful

    confguration check, seems to
    >go through a successful "preparing to install" process.

    Then it immediately
    >minimizes from view and simply stops. Task Manager will

    show installer is
    >RUNNING and no status change will occur (ex. Not

    Responding). However, the CD

    Richie NY, Dec 20, 2004

    Thanks for the reply. No mention of a SP2 problem that I found in th e CivIII
    sites. Is there a way to uninstall SP2?

    Dave

    Guest, Dec 20, 2004

    Rock Guest

    Dave Beeze wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply. No mention of a SP2 problem that I found in th e CivIII
    > sites. Is there a way to uninstall SP2?
    >
    > Dave

    How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=875350

    Rock, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Detlev Dreyer, Dec 20, 2004