1607 : Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

aylwin Netto

I just bought 2 Football CD and was unable to install
them. Each time I load any on the CD's the following
message appears.

1607 : Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

Could someone please tell me how to overcome this problem.
I have also tried installing W2k SP3 but there seems to be
no difference.

Could someone please advise me. Much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

I understand that when you try installing the software, the system displays
following error message.

1607: Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

Please check the following suggestion and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Make sure that the system account has full control permission to the
folder where the installable is stored.

2. Reinstall the InstallScript engine by running the ISScript.msi file
located in the following location:

<ProgramFiles>\InstallShield\Developer\Redist\Language Independent\i386

3. Upgrade to the latest version of InstallShield Developer.

4. Follow the steps below to set the proper permissions to the
<WindowsFolder>\Installer folder:

Locate the folder <WindowsFolder>\Installer. (For example, on Windows 2000,
this folder would be C:\WINNT\Installer.)*
Right-click the Installer folder, and choose Properties.
Select the Security tab.

5. Make sure the system, as well as the specific user, has full control of
this folder.
*Note: This folder is hidden by default in the Windows environment.
Therefore, it may be necessary to enter this path directly in the Windows
Start | Run dialog to access this folder.

6. Properly register the file msiexec.exe by using the following command
line:
<WindowsFolder>\System32\msiexec.exe /REGSERVER

This command line can be entered in the Windows Start | Run dialog, after
replacing <WindowsFolder> with the location of the Windows folder.

7. After registering the file msiexec.exe manually, open the Microsoft
Windows Event Viewer if the error still occurs.

Hope the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Rashmi

From: "aylwin Netto" <[email protected]>
Sender: "aylwin Netto" <[email protected]>
Subject: 1607 : Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Runtime
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 05:39:25 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.games

I just bought 2 Football CD and was unable to install
them. Each time I load any on the CD's the following
message appears.

1607 : Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

Could someone please tell me how to overcome this problem.
I have also tried installing W2k SP3 but there seems to be
no difference.

Could someone please advise me. Much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
You may not need to do anything else exept change dvd reader. I had the same problem until i simply put dvd in pioneer instead of lg. the game started without any problem. no more eror 1607.