Outlook 0x800ccc1a Many problems w/outlook and fios

Reaction score
I am using outlook 2007, on Windows Vista, connected to Verizon FiOS. I am receiving my email but am unable to send email. I have checked some discussion boards, and have tried many of the things listed but still have no success. I am a little computer savvy, but more as a user than diagnostician. I can follow instructions. If anyone out their can help me I would really appreciate it.

SP #2, Pentium dual core E5200 @2.50 GHz, HP a6620f, 64 bit, 4.00 GB memory

Leon

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I had similar problems, could receive but not send email but my error number was 0x800CCC67.

I solved the problem by switching from Port 25 to Port 587 in Tools > Accounts then highlight your Mail Account > Properties > Advanced Tab. Simply delete the number 25 and type in 587 and then click "Apply"

It worked for me. :thumb: Give it a try - you've nothing to lose. If not sucessful you can always change back to 25.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I tried changing the port to 587, when I did I got the following message.....Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.

Reaction score
I had to check the use same settings as incoming, AND change the port to 587......and it worked.....All is well now, thanks for the tips.

Ask a Question