    thank you

    dl

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    David Lui, Oct 9, 2006

  2. David Lui <David Lui> wrote:

    > My PST file size has exceeded 4GB on a FAT32 harddrive. Outlook is
    > preventing me from deleting mails as it has trouble writing to the
    > PST file. But if it doesnt allow me to delete mails, I cannot reduce
    > the PST file size back to below 4GB. What should I do?

    Can you delete them if you hold down the Shift key while pressing Delete?
    The only other thing I can image that might work would be to format a second
    disk as NTFS, copy the PST there, and try again.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Oct 9, 2006

  3. Or convert that disk to NTFS.

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    reading.

    After furious head scratching, Brian Tillman asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Oct 9, 2006
  4. Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] <>
    wrote:

    > Or convert that disk to NTFS.

    That would also be appropriate. I though that using a second disk would
    introduce fewer variables.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Oct 10, 2006
  5. Yeah, I try to not have to use that conversion command but in this case, it
    might be appropriate.

    Milly Staples - MVP Outlook, Oct 10, 2006
  6. David Lui

    David Lui Guest

    Shift-Del : I have tried this trick before posting the qtn but it doesnt work

    I have seen other posts that I should format a second disk as NTFS to get pass the 4GB barrier, or to re-partition the current disk and format as NTFS, but it sounds scary (in terms of data loss)... how does one get this done??

    Thanks

    dl

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    David Lui, Oct 10, 2006
  7. David Lui <David Lui> wrote:

    > Shift-Del : I have tried this trick before posting the qtn but it
    > doesnt work
    >
    > I have seen other posts that I should format a second disk as NTFS to
    > get pass the 4GB barrier, or to re-partition the current disk and
    > format as NTFS, but it sounds scary (in terms of data loss)... how
    > does one get this done??

    If you decide to reformat your current partition, Windows Setup should be
    able to do the conversion without data loss. There are third-party products
    that can do it as well, like PartitionMagic (Symantec).
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Oct 10, 2006
  8. David Lui

    positivignesh

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2008
    Likes Received:
    0
    Attention to one and all,

    I had been using Microsoft Outlook 2003 for 7 years.

    now i have installed Microsoft Outlook 2007 in my PC.

    The data files are not been able to be opened in MS Outlook 2007.

    It gives the error mentions " An unknown error has occured, error code 0x8004010d.

    Please help me to solve this problem at the earliest.

    Vignesh

    positivignesh, Dec 29, 2008

  1. Harry Pfleger

    view a list of 2007 holidays in Outlook 2007?

    Guest, Mar 15, 2007, in forum: Microsoft Outlook
    Diane Poremsky [MVP]
    Mar 17, 2007
  4. #1 Dave

    Import Outlook 2007 contact into Outlook 2007?

    #1 Dave, Apr 22, 2007, in forum: Microsoft Outlook