0 to 60 in?

Reaction score
Is this scram jet technology, where the faster the air intake the faster the rocket goes?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
20% more thrust than a Saturn V engine! Bet the eventual launch will be a sight to behold :nod:

Strange they can spend billions on this sort of things but we still have people starving in the world and people with no roof over their heads. :confused: Just saying:(

You could used that argument for a lot of things - Military costs bring an obvious one - but mankind as a whole has benefited hugely from the investment in space exploration. I'm sure I read somewhere that the cumulative NASA budget since it began is less than the annual US defence budget. Not only do we know a lot more about our planet (eg we understand the extent of the threat of climate change) but many of the technologies developed by NASA trickle down into every day life: https://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2008/tech_benefits.html

Reaction score
Strange they can spend billions on this sort of things but we still have people starving in the world and people with no roof over their heads. :confused: Just saying:(

No, you are perfectly right mate. Not just in other countries either in our own countries too!

But as mentioned and personally as we are destroying the planet with our greed. Exploration is needed so we can rape and pillage other worlds.

Reaction score
20% more thrust than a Saturn V engine! Bet the eventual launch will be a sight to behold :nod:

You could used that argument for a lot of things - Military costs bring an obvious one - but mankind as a whole has benefited hugely from the investment in space exploration. I'm sure I read somewhere that the cumulative NASA budget since it began is less than the annual US defence budget. Not only do we know a lot more about our planet (eg we understand the extent of the threat of climate change) but many of the technologies developed by NASA trickle down into every day life: https://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2008/tech_benefits.html

Yes but the USA is in debt to the sum of $18,152,809,942,589 trillion trillion or 75% of National income:confused:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that on the scheme of things, spending on things like NASA is relatively low. It's a tiny proportion of the amount that the US spends each year, and certainly isn't the main thing responsible for getting the US into so much debt. If a country is in debt do you think they should stop all spending on things like this? Where do you draw the line? Should all science research be cut or just NASA? What about other discretionary spending? I'm sure we could debate this for hours, and there is no right answer. If NASA's entire budget was cut there would still be people starving in the world. The solution to that is far more complex.

Ask a Question