Your have recovered from a serious error! A device driver!

O.k. my computer was rebooting on its own and saying this. I restored my
comp. Then it started again. NOw its not rebooting because I unchecked the
one thing so it doesn't and just shows the error. It says its caused by a
device driver. How do I figure out which driver is doing this? Also if I
don't do anything will cause major problems? What should I do? It was fine
until I restored my computer because I thought I had spyware when the website
I was trying to get to had actually been hacked. Its never done this before.
Can anybody help me? Please!!

Ted Zieglar

We can help you if you post the error code (starts with STOP: 0x000...) and
the name of the error (LOOKS_LIKE_THIS).

The error code was this:Error code 000000c2, parameter1 00000007, parameter2
00000cd4, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 ff22c9c8.

Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG

Also a blue screen just came up instead of rebooting. Then in I looked in my
events thing and it said a bug check and something about a memory dump being
saved. Are these two things related? Help!

Ted Zieglar

I don't know what "I restored my comp" means, but If you reinstall Windows
XP from a pre-SP 2 CD and you have SP2 installed, you will run into trouble.

Otherwise, if you look in Event Viewer you may find further details to
narrow down the cause.

asim662

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"DeeAurora" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
The error code was this:Error code 000000c2, parameter1 00000007,-
parameter2-
00000cd4, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 ff22c9c8.

Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG

Also a blue screen just came up instead of rebooting. Then in I looke
in-
my-
events thing and it said a bug check and something about a memor
dump-
being-
saved. Are these two things related? Help!
:
-
[...]

this-
before.-
Can anybody help me? Please!!-

--

Teg i think he means to say that after suspecting a spyware/virus, h
used system restore to restore his system to a date when it was workin