Windows XP Windows XP stop text to speech

Reaction score
I know there are answers that deleting ctfmon.exe, and turnoff settings in regional and settings and referred in support.microsoft.com and did all those. But I have a software (a dictionary) which uses winxp text to speech voice if it's voice file is not available. It still echoes winxp text to speech voice. I want to stop it. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
What is the name of the software you have that is doing this? (I assume from what you're saying that the Windows XP native text to speech tool has been disabled and it is now a third party tool at works)

Reaction score
It is Wordweb dictionary. When I click button for the pronunciation for a word, it has sound file, it would retrieve sound for the appropriate word. If the sound is not available, then it executes the windows xp native speech and I hear Microsoft Sam voice reads the word which is not correct pronunciation.

Ask a Question