Speech not working

V

Vivek

Hi, Text to speech is not working in my system.

I'm using Windows XP SP2 and when I go to Control Panel > Speech and click on "Preview voice" I get the error message: "This voice cannot be played. Please try selecting another voice or selecting a different audio output device." I tried selecting a different audio device but it was no good at all. After a bit of googling I also tried "registering" M:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Speech\sapi.dll and also tried deleting the folder "Documents and Settings\KK\Application Data\Microsoft\Speech\Files\UserLexicons". That did not help either.

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Thanks,
Vivek

V

Vivek

I ran xp in VMWare and Text to speech works w/out any problem Any ideas what could be going on here?

Thanks,
Vivek

Hi, Text to speech is not working in my system.

I'm using Windows XP SP2 and when I go to Control Panel > Speech and click on "Preview voice" I get the error message: "This voice cannot be played. Please try selecting another voice or selecting a different audio output device." I tried selecting a different audio device but it was no good at all. After a bit of googling I also tried "registering" M:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Speech\sapi.dll and also tried deleting the folder "Documents and Settings\KK\Application Data\Microsoft\Speech\Files\UserLexicons". That did not help either.

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Thanks,
Vivek

Ask a Question