Windows XP windows xp pro error after repair installation

Reaction score
after i did a repair installation using the windows xp pro cd, i get many errors

- cannot copy and paste
- windows media player says cannot perform operation low memory
- msconfig doesnt work
- cannot open picture files
- internet explorer cannot open new windows

im using service pacxk 3

thanks for any help!

Reaction score
zz after i did another repair install, the computer restarts and gets stuck before the password login screen. it says no video input

Reaction score
genyaarikado said:
zz after i did another repair install, the computer restarts and gets stuck before the password login screen. it says no video input

Can you let us no what the problem was initially, before you did the first repair install..?This might shed some light on the problem..

Reaction score
It seems that your system is infected by some known trojan or virus, such as machine dog.....
pls update your virus-scan to latest version and have a whole disks scan.
the worst idea is that you'd like to reinstall your system.

there is a free tool which may help you repair your system. download url is http://www.digitalsupporttech.com/en-us/download.htm. U may try it.

Reaction score
the initial problem that made me do the first repair installation was the endless rebooting b4 the password login screen. i read somewhere else that repair install would solve it. it did solve the endless reboot but then i got the errors as mentioned in the first post.

my xp pro cd used for repair install is service pack 1. my current pc is using service pack 3. i dunno if this will cause conflicts.

but after i did another repair install, during the repair it says there is an error and software will nto be installed. the pc rebooted and has since gets stuck forever just before the password login screen. then my monitor will say no video input.

Reaction score
genyaarikado said:
my xp pro cd used for repair install is service pack 1. my current pc is using service pack 3. i dunno if this will cause conflicts.
There lies your problem

Reaction score
When you install windows XP pro.. there some file maybe missing during installation... plz try to install again.. before installing clear format the c:\ drive and after install setup SP2 and then setup SP3.. restart your machine.. your problem solved.. i think so !!!

Reaction score
well i manage to get into safe mode adn solved the problem.
but now sometimes when i click on my computer i get an error which crashes explorer. i have to go task manager and run explorer again. and when i looked at task manager i noticed a process called drwtsn32.exe

im suspecting it causes the crash. any way to resolve this

Reaction score
drwtsn32.exe is a Windows core system file, but it is invisible and you shouldn't see it running in processes..
A lot of malware will diguise itsefl as drwtsn32.exe..My advise would be to download and run a few things like Malware Bytes, Spybot Search and destroy an Superantispyware and see what they come up with..

Ask a Question