Windows 7 administrator account DELETED

Reaction score
Okay here it goes My 13 year old deleted the admin account on my laptop in an attempt to be sneaky, only log in is a guest account that says it has admin privileges well NO it dont cannot even open media player get a pop up as soon as i login stating it has no access to e power blah blah ...any who I tried cmd propmt to activate admin access denied YES I RIGHT CLICKED opened cmd prompt as admin. I have windows 7 Home edition so I cannot see local users through manage computer. I cannot create new account constantly says symbols cannot be used in name but i DO NOT use symbols. Tried system restore with repair CD says error restore cannot complete.

Reaction score
If you cannot boot into normal Windows or cannot troubleshoot because of errors boot into Safe Mode. Windows Safe Mode bypasses startup programs and drivers that are not required for Windows to load and you should find an Administrator account that you can login into. You can access safe mode by tapping the F8 key before the Windows is Loading screen appears. Just tap F8 as the laptop starts up, when in safe mode you should be able to login access the control panel and create a new administrator account and then you might want to disable the guest account and keep your 13 year olds finger off your note-book. :sleep:

Reaction score
I have tried safe mode I have tried safe mode with networking it signs me in as a guest and I get the same error when trying to create an account the guest account is all I can get in with

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I would start here.

http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php

Download and burn the live disc. This will allow you to see all users and passwords on the system.

I find it highly unlikely that the administrator account was deleted using a guest account.

Chances are, if they are any good, it's just hidden some how. This CD should let you hack the system and find out what accounts are set to admin as well as their associated passwords.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The built-in Administrator account CANNOT be deleted.

You can, however, hide it at the command prompt by typing, ... 'net user administrator /active:no' ... try, ... 'net user administrator /active:yes'

:user:

Ask a Question