Windows Installer Package Problem with iTunes

Reaction score
For awhile, I wasn't able to use iTunes to burn CDs. My CD-RW drive would not recognize any CD I put in. Then, I finally replaced my CD-RW drive and it is working properly with any other music program, but still did not work with iTunes. I tried updated all the current Windows updates, and then I uninstalled iTunes with the hopes of reinstalling it and fixing the problem. However, when I tried reinstalling iTunes 8.2, the following message appeared: "There is problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected." I have tried all the General Installation Troubleshooting solutions on apple's website including emptying my temp directory, cleaning up iTunes installer files, downloading Quicktime standalone installer, and disabling other conflicting software. Still no solution. Can anyone help me please?

I am using a Windows XP SP3.

Ask a Question