Win2K3 DC in a Win2K Domain

Chris Dove

We are running a 2K AD Domain with a Win2K3 Member Server. If we ran DC
Promo on the server would it change our domain to a Win2K3 Domain or would
it just act as a DC?

Thanks

Chris

Marc Reynolds [MSFT]

Hi Chris,

The following KB article explains:

325379 How to Upgrade Windows 2000 Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325379

Thanks,
Marc Reynolds
Microsoft Technical Support