WHINE, WHINE, WHINE

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Either of you turds ever consider ceasing the use of HTML when posting when in a text group?
___________________________

From: "Greg McMillan" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: WHINE, WHINE, WHINE
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 19:02:35 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C773C7.2A2173B0

I agree with "mikeyhsd". No one grabbed you by the hand and forced =
anyone to buy and/or install Vista. I upgraded to Vista in a one year =
old HP machine and darn it all, I have absolutely no desire to go to Mac =
or Linux like I was thinking about before. My PC has always worked fine. =
No issues with XP or now with Vista. Smooth as silk. I don't know why I =
have such good luck. I guess it's because I regularly maintain it, don't =
visit any junk sites (porn, hacker or any other high risk sites), and =
keep IE7 locked down with its security features. Vista is, in my =
opinion, the best thing to come out of Microsoft since Bill Gates =
started the company. I will admit, they really messed up with some of =
their earlier versions of Windows, but this time they learned from their =
mistakes. Like it, love it, or hate it, Vista is the new Windows. Soon, =
Microsoft will stop supporting XP. So, if you want to be a PC user, get =
used to it. Stop complaining about something that you don't like after =
you went out and made your own decision to spend the money on it.
did you ever think about trying a different mouse, and or adjusting =
the sensitivity.

(e-mail address removed)

difficult to like it when you can't get the mouse to stop =
jumping...try=20
catching an oiled pig....you solve my problem and I'll promise you =
won't see=20
me here again.
--=20
Judy

mikeyhsd said:
the same whiners are here every day whining about vista.
=20
if you do not like vista.
then by all means go back to xp or linux or mac.
=20
if you wish to use vista. then LEARN HOW.
learn to live with it=20
AND GET A LIFE.
=20
(e-mail address removed)@sport.rr
------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C773C7.2A2173B0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS">I agree with "mikeyhsd". No one grabbed =
you by=20
the hand and forced anyone to buy and/or install Vista. I upgraded to =
Vista in a=20
one year old HP machine and darn it all, I have absolutely no desire to =
go to=20
Mac or Linux like I was thinking about before. My PC has always worked =
fine. No=20
issues with XP or now with Vista. Smooth as silk. I don't know why I =
have such=20
good luck. I guess it's because I regularly maintain it, don't visit any =
junk=20
sites (porn, hacker or any other high risk sites), and keep IE7 locked =
down with=20
its security features. Vista is, in my opinion,&nbsp;the best thing to =
come out=20
of Microsoft since Bill Gates started the company. I will admit, they =
really=20
messed up with some of their earlier versions of Windows, but this time =
they=20
learned from their mistakes. Like it, love it, or hate it, Vista is the =
new=20
Windows. Soon, Microsoft will stop supporting XP. So, if you want to be =
a PC=20
user, get used to it. Stop complaining about something that&nbsp;you =
don't like=20
after you went out and made your own decision to spend the money on=20
it.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"mikeyhsd" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"(e-mail address removed)</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>did you ever think about trying a =
different=20
mouse, and or adjusting the sensitivity.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff0000>
<MARQUEE scrollAmount=3D2 scrollDelay=3D9 behavior=3Dalternate =
width=3D"35%"=20
bgColor=3D#ffff00 height=3D22><A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A></MARQUEE></=
FONT></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"Warkworth" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">warkworth@discussions=
..microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
href=3D"(e-mail address removed)</A>...</DIV>difficult=20
to like it when you can't get the mouse to stop jumping...try =
<BR>catching=20
an oiled pig....you solve my problem and I'll promise you won't see =
<BR>me=20
here again.<BR>-- <BR>Judy<BR><BR><BR>"mikeyhsd" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; =
the same=20
whiners are here every day whining about vista.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; if =
you do=20
not like vista.<BR>&gt; then by all means go back to xp or linux or=20
mac.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; if you wish to use vista. then LEARN =
HOW.<BR>&gt;=20
learn to live with it <BR>&gt; AND GET A LIFE.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]@sport.rr">[email protected].=
(e-mail address removed)</A></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C773C7.2A2173B0--

Justin

Adam Albright said:
As to the often heard nobody forced you to buy Vista which seems to be
the fan boy theme song, no, nobody does, however there is something in
the law that implies a product will do what it claims.

Vista does do what it claims. For those that can not attain that, get a
refund.
Only the
software industry gets away with shoveling crap out the door then
claiming oh, we know its broke, so what, we'll fix it later, maybe.

Did you just imply that Vista was crap? Go away troll.

You are aware that Microsoft admits it shipped Vista with at least 500
known bugs.

MS has no problem admitting these things. You'll notice the Linux community
maintains a bug free attitude and Apple would NEVER admit to the amount of
bugs in their software (have I missed something?). There must be plenty
though! There are HUNDREDS of megs worth of fixes in all the updates that
get downloaded for it.
Generally those claiming things are as "smooth as silk" use their
computers more as door stops than for anything serious.

You are wrong. Plain and simple. Show proof of this claim. I know, you
wont. You'll just call me a dummy. Anyway, the fact remains that after
your reply to mine, there will be no proof.
No, checking
for email, surfing the web and maybe typing a document isn't hard and
doesn't push a computer. Try doing professional grade video editing,

Done. No problem.
where maybe ten different application are all running at once or

This requires a high end machine to being with. So, to "generally" expect
people to do this would be pure ignorance. Whether someone can or can not
do this has nothing to do with their level of experience with a machine, it
has to do with the machine itself. This goes back to your ignorant doorstop
comment.
moving hundreds of gigabytes of files around each day then we'll talk

1GB or 100GB does not mater. Are you trying to see if his/her drives are
fast? Or are you once again trying to boost your ego in front of everyone?
about how up to the task Vista is... or not.

I've transferred entire drives so....500GB+. Vista can transfer data,
what's your point? Oh, and it does it without UAC kicking in. I've asked
you before if you wanted a video???

Justin

Adam Albright said:
Look at little mikey whine. Lets see, you said "if you do not like
vista then by all means go back to xp or linux or mac."

"If you wish to use vista then LEARN HOW learn to live with it AND GET
A LIFE".

Who's the real whiner? You are Mikey, YOU are kid.

Spanked again. Want more punk?

You're a pretty odd 60 year old for claiming you spanked someone on the
internet. Are you sure about the stories you told us?

mikeyhsd

and all you use yours for is to constantly WHINE, WHINE, WHINE about a program your constantly use.
get your knickers straight and pull the skirt down.

(e-mail address removed)

I agree with "mikeyhsd". No one grabbed you by the hand and forced anyone to buy and/or install Vista.

As to the often heard nobody forced you to buy Vista which seems to be
the fan boy theme song, no, nobody does, however there is something in
the law that implies a product will do what it claims. Only the
software industry gets away with shoveling crap out the door then
claiming oh, we know its broke, so what, we'll fix it later, maybe.

You are aware that Microsoft admits it shipped Vista with at least 500
known bugs. Maybe you didn't know that. The point is some of these
admitted bugs will impact some users and not others. So in that sense
you are one of the lucky ones. The problem is the more intensely you
use Windows the more likely you hit one or more of these bugs and very
likely run into others Microsoft doesn't even known about yet.
My PC has always worked fine. No issues with XP or now with Vista. Smooth as silk. I don't know why I have such good luck.
I guess it's because I regularly maintain it, don't visit any junk sites (porn, hacker or any other high risk sites), and
keep IE7 locked down with its security features.

Generally those claiming things are as "smooth as silk" use their
computers more as door stops than for anything serious. No, checking
for email, surfing the web and maybe typing a document isn't hard and
doesn't push a computer. Try doing professional grade video editing,
where maybe ten different application are all running at once or
moving hundreds of gigabytes of files around each day then we'll talk
about how up to the task Vista is... or not.

mikeyhsd

you are not woman enough to spank any man.
get the knickers straight and pull the skirt down.

(e-mail address removed)

difficult to like it when you can't get the mouse to stop jumping...try
catching an oiled pig....you solve my problem and I'll promise you won't see
me here again.

Look at little mikey whine. Lets see, you said "if you do not like
vista then by all means go back to xp or linux or mac."

"If you wish to use vista then LEARN HOW learn to live with it AND GET
A LIFE".

Who's the real whiner? You are Mikey, YOU are kid.

Spanked again. Want more punk?

Adam Albright

Vista does do what it claims. For those that can not attain that, get a
refund.

Really? I seem to recall some smartass punk named Justin admitting
that Vista shipped with 500 known bugs. Hmm... I see only one Justin
posting to this newsgroup, so that smartass punk must be YOU kid.
Did you just imply that Vista was crap? Go away troll.

You're suggesting selling software that has 500 known bugs is
something else, please do tell us what.
MS has no problem admitting these things.

So now you confirm Microsoft has no problem SELLING buggy software.
See kid, you support what I say, but you're just too damn stupid know
it, but thanks anyway. ;-)
You are wrong. Plain and simple. Show proof of this claim. I know, you
wont. You'll just call me a dummy. Anyway, the fact remains that after
your reply to mine, there will be no proof.

You ARE a dummy. Proof? Try Google, it is loaded with crap you spewed
forth in the past and shortly will have this latest load BS added to
the already huge collection of crap you've already blubbered.
This requires a high end machine to being with.

I have a high end machine you stupid dumbass.
So, to "generally" expect
people to do this would be pure ignorance. Whether someone can or can not
do this has nothing to do with their level of experience with a machine, it
has to do with the machine itself. This goes back to your ignorant doorstop
comment.

You want ignorant kid? Find a mirror. I was working with computers and
paid quite handsomely, thanks, when punks like you were taking a dump
in your diapers. Too bad that's too much of a reality check for ya,
but it is the truth.
I've transferred entire drives so....500GB+. Vista can transfer data,
what's your point? Oh, and it does it without UAC kicking in. I've asked
you before if you wanted a video???

My point? You're a idiot. You see punk, I know from experience what
Vista can do transferring a large batch of files with UAC turned on.
Just because some wet behind the ears punk smartass doesn't, isn't my
problem. I'll like you to grow up, but that seems too difficult for
kiddies like you.

Sit back and learn kid.

What happens if UAC is turned on and you try to copy/move let's say
200 GB worth of files and some of those files have permissions that
Vista is going to bitch about?

This:

The usual window and progress bar pop up. As Vista copies/moves the
files the progress bar advances to the right as you would expect.
However if it hits a file who's permissions it doesn't like it halts,
the progress bar changes from green to red and you need to click
continue, skip or cancel.

If you click continue, then the files it don't like don't get copied.
If you click skip, Vista continues to try to copy the other files in
the batch. If you click cancel, the the job halts unfished from that
point. So no matter what choice you make what you originally told
Vista to do, ie, copy/move the 200 GB of files, it DOESN'T happen.
Worse, if you're doing a copy, you have no idea at the end of the job
WHICH files Vista copied and which it didn't.

I know that's what happeneds because that IS what happened to me. I
tried to copy a batch of 200 GB worth of files, about 1,200 files
total, and Vista halted 145 times. Since it was a "copy" operation I
was mad as hell because at the end I had no idea what files were
copied to the new location and which weren't until I opened up two
instances of Explorer and checked the list file by file.

Learning yet kid? I'll be happy to teach ya, but you need to work on
your manners a lot first. In case you haven't noticed I have a low
tolerance for smartass kids that think they are smarter than everybody
else, when in fact they are often clueless dummies like YOU that keep
shooting off their mouth only to get slapped down over and over.

Consider yourself spanked. Again. What time is this now? I lost count.
I must have spanked you at least 50 times already and you still
haven't learned. Imagine that.

Adam Albright

and all you use yours for is to constantly WHINE, WHINE, WHINE about a program your constantly use.
get your knickers straight and pull the skirt down.

Aren't you tired of me kicking you in your stupid ass yet? Isn't it
time you go back to the Microsoft campus for more free coffee and cake
so you can fake you "discuss" things with Microsoft engineers?

Phil

Did YOU ever think about answering with a little compassion, instead of like a pompous prat ?

did you ever think about trying a different mouse, and or adjusting the sensitivity.

(e-mail address removed)

difficult to like it when you can't get the mouse to stop jumping...try
catching an oiled pig....you solve my problem and I'll promise you won't see
me here again.

mikeyhsd

you NEVER kick only KISS as evident from your anal postings.

(e-mail address removed)

Justin said:
[...]

Interesting, no real reply...no surprise.

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Ever considered not calling people turds and that the Microsoft public
newsgroup is not just text? Your preferred access may be but the root
Microsoft is not -- it's web-based with NNTP access added in.

Justin

Hugh Wyn Griffith said:
Ever considered not calling people turds and that the Microsoft public
newsgroup is not just text? Your preferred access may be but the root
Microsoft is not -- it's web-based with NNTP access added in.

Wait a minute! Are you telling us the Microsoft public newsgroup is not
just NNTP and is a web based server actually owned and operated by MS??? :)

That'll be good for another 100 posts.

I can only see one - "Ever considered not calling people turds and that the
Microsoft public
newsgroup is not just text?". Unless that should have been two sentences.
Some people do need to be called turds. You should support those who take
responsibility.

In 1996 there were no http server only nntp servers. There were buletin
boards.

AOL is the root as far as I know. I believe the NG came from AOL (when
called CIS and some other thing) - I'm an Australian and we had our own
things so I only ever saw magazine articles about it.

So lets all hail the roots and thank AOL.

Justin

Hugh Wyn Griffith said:
I'm not telling you anything -- I asked you two questions .....

1. You didn't ask me anything.

2. That was a JOKE. Notice the smiley? The fact that the MS New Servers
are owned and operated by MS is an ongoing debate in this NG.

Adam Albright

1. You didn't ask me anything.

2. That was a JOKE. Notice the smiley? The fact that the MS New Servers
are owned and operated by MS is an ongoing debate in this NG.

You just keep proving you know squat. Who "owns" the news servers or
operates them is totally irrelvant since THIS newsgroup is carried by
hundreds, if not a thousand or more different companies each with
their OWN news servers THEIR custmers log into that have no
association with Microsoft what so ever. The discussion always boils
down to know nothings like you pretending Microsoft can edit posts in
public newsgroups across the board.

What are you smoking? Must be something pretty strong to get you high
as a kite all the time, or do you just pop off because you think it
makes you look important?

Justin

Adam Albright said:
You just keep proving you know squat. Who "owns" the news servers or
operates them is totally irrelvant since THIS newsgroup is carried by
hundreds, if not a thousand or more different companies each with
their OWN news servers THEIR custmers log into that have no
association with Microsoft what so ever. The discussion always boils
down to know nothings like you pretending Microsoft can edit posts in
public newsgroups across the board.

What are you smoking? Must be something pretty strong to get you high
as a kite all the time, or do you just pop off because you think it
makes you look important?

See Hugh! I told you :) This is the leader of the nutcase pack.

Have fun adam!