WHINE, WHINE, WHINE

Tom Lake

it is a microsoft owned news group.
So what? It's carried on many servers.

Care to provide a source for this statement?

The Microsoft newsserver FAQ says HTML is allowable
as is top-posting. There's the right way, the wrong way
and the Microsoft Way.

Tom Lake

bp

It is not usenet. It is commercial property of MS. They allow usenet type
servers to take feeds.

And at that point it becomes a part USENET.
Oh and it also takes post from USENET

Look like a duck walks like a duck .......

Adam Albright

It is not usenet. It is commercial property of MS. They allow usenet type
servers to take feeds.

Geez... what a dummy. Looking at your own header (shown below) for
this post shows even you yourself have accessed this newsgroup via
Usenet. Are you learning yet? Again you try to argue the absurd. Of
course Microsoft set up this newsgroup and hundreds of others like it
as a "service" to their customers to have a place to discuss various
Microsoft applications. That isn't the point you blithering doofus.

They don't "own" the groups as some other blockheads have suggested
which would incorrectly imply they could control the content or knock
off certain posters regardless where such poster's originates his
posts from. ANYBODY running a news server could use commands to
selectively delete posts FROM THEIR news server if they took the time
to bother. They could even use some abscure cancel commands that may
or may not be accepted by other news servers, but I'm sure Microsoft
employees have better things to do with their time.

Since there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of news servers all over
the world even down under when <.> is posting from Microsoft has no
control over any of them.

For those interested, you read the last four lines (below) backwards,
right to left to trace how any post reached YOUR news server or how
YOU accessed this newsgroup. To do that you need to make what's called
the "header" visible. Not all news readers make it easy to view. The
tool I use, Agent, does make it simple. All the names are different
news servers or routers on the path from where <.> originated his
post, in Australia to travel to my news sever usenetserver.com that is
located in Florida.

That information doesn't mean I live in Florida, only that's the
location of the "copy" of <.>'s post I'm accessing. As any fool can
see for themselves usenetserver com is NOT part of Microsoft's empire,
rather it is one of the larger third party news server providers
anybody can subscribe to for a fee.

In a similar vain just because <.> posted to a news server in
Australia doesn't mean he lives there. However using a whois that I
posted the results of the other day showed who is behind the IP
address 202.155.163.22. A few clicks later then name using simple
search tools on the web strongly suggest who <.> actually is because
he is reckless in is feeble attempt to try to hide, assuming he's
trying, it much more seems likely he is just delusional.

From: <.>
Subject: Re: WHINE, WHINE, WHINE
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:37:30 +1000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Adam Albright

It's not new and it is part of usenet.

So what? It's carried on many servers.

Care to provide a source for this statement?

LOL!

"Use a proper newsreader" - this from someone ho is using a broken,
non-compliant microsoft piece of rubbish.

LOL! It never fails does it. It is always the clueless like mikeyhsd
shaking their finger at everybody else. He and others like him is why
I spend time here. Pure entertainment. They're a hoot!

Adam Albright

The Microsoft newsserver FAQ says HTML is allowable
as is top-posting. There's the right way, the wrong way
and the Microsoft Way.

Tom Lake

One more time for the clueless:

This newsgroup and that is what it is, gets propagated
from one news server to the next through typical network connections.
While Microsoft provides a news server one can link to that allows
acces to this newsgroup, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of
other news servers world wide ANYBODY can also link to to acces THIS
and many other Microsoft support groups. That being a carved in stone
FACT, please explain to me how Microsoft can impose any rules or
control over what gets posted here or to any other "Microsoft" news
group.

Explain =====>

I won't be holding my breath waiting for anyone's answer.

Adam Albright

And at that point it becomes a part USENET.
Oh and it also takes post from USENET

Look like a duck walks like a duck .......

Yep. Its a funny story. About a dozen years or so back you had to
usually go directly to a Microsoft server to access groups like this.
But one major news feed, one of the major backbones on Usenet started
to "steal" the feed from the Microsoft servers and once that happened,
the floodgates opened and almost as fast as you can say Microsoft,
hundreds of news servers peering to others were carrying Microsoft
support groups as a public service to their customers. The main reason
this happened is Microsoft being the cheapskate basters they are,
didn't mantain their news servers that well, they always went down and
were grossly overloaded so this is why it happened in the first place.
At first the boys of Redmond bitched and moaned (according to some
sources) but wised up at let it be. So just another example where
Microsoft shot itself in the foot. Happens a lot. Ask Billy G.

Adam Albright

Does it float?

Actually you're just showing your ignorance again. Technically
speaking, ducks can't float. A duck stays afloat (which is different)
because of the oil they release from a gland near it's tail. So a duck
stays afloat on this thin layer of oil that coats it's feathers. If
you were to pour a degreaser all over a duck, then immediately put him
back in the water, it would promptly drown.

Justin

Adam Albright said:
Actually you're just showing your ignorance again. Technically
speaking, ducks can't float. A duck stays afloat (which is different)
because of the oil they release from a gland near it's tail. So a duck
stays afloat on this thin layer of oil that coats it's feathers. If
you were to pour a degreaser all over a duck, then immediately put him
back in the water, it would promptly drown.

Oh adam! You're so utterly stupid it boggles my mind!

Maybe if you didn't have a stick your butt and weren't so quick to prove
people wrong (which you do very poorly) you would have waited for a response
of YES it does float thus being all the proof we need to prove that it is in
fact a WITCH!

You fail at life.

mikeyhsd

simple fact it eventually get back to the ms servers that ms owns.
it is their choice to allow it to stay or not on their servers.
if it rev\moved from their servers it eventually gets removed from ALL the other servers.

however if some one removes a post from some other usenet server it does not get removed from all the other usenet servers.

showing easily for almost anyone to understand that ms is the home port.

if you are accessing this news groups from some other server than ms then fore sure you are not getting the most up to date postings.

(e-mail address removed)

[...]

You are a clueless idiot. I mean a REALLY dummy that refuses to learn
even after it gets explained to you in detail. What part of "EVERY
POST anybody makes, gets stored on the news server that poster
accesses and from there gets proprogated to other networked servers"
don't you yet understand? ALL news servers exchange posts with each
other. There is nothing special about the Microsoft servers. You make
up this crap as you go along or did you read it on some halfass web
site?
it is their choice to allow it to stay or not on their servers.

Hint: Over 99% of the people accessing THIS and other Microsoft
newsgorups DO NOT access them on Microsoft servers. What that means is
each news server administrator may expire posts, block some, even
block entire newsgroups. That action or inaciton has ZERO impact on
what other news server administrators may decide to do.
if it rev\moved from their servers it eventually gets removed from ALL the other servers.

No dummy it does not. News server administrators HATE cancel messages.
Most reject them out of hand, and ususally have filters set up to
block cancel message because many hackers use them. They NEVER worked
right in the first place, but explaining why to somebody like you that
refuses to listen or learn would be pointless.
however if some one removes a post from some other usenet server it does not get removed from all the other usenet servers.

Now you're engaged in double talk and actually doing a 180 of what you
just said. Are you dizzy?
showing easily for almost anyone to understand that ms is the home port.

You're nuts. Totally wacked out. There is no MS home port, whatever
that's suppose to mean.
if you are accessing this news groups from some other server than ms then fore sure you are not getting the most up to date postings.

That's equally stupid. Any more fairy tales you want to share?

If I post to this newsgroup from my news server anybody else accessing
my news server sees my post just as soon as he refreshes his new
header list. Somebody downstream may need to wait a few seconds,
minutes, maybe hours, but NO ONE server always has the freshest up
today posts. That just confirms you don't know what you're talking
about. In fact if you were to tally all the posts on every news server
that carries this newsgroup at the same instant in time EVERY ONE
would have a different tally. That's simply how Usenet works, but you
didn't know that did you.

Justin

Adam Albright said:
Both of your brain cells or just one?

Oh adam! You're so utterly stupid it boggles my mind!

Maybe if you didn't have a stick your butt and weren't so quick to prove
people wrong (which you do very poorly) you would have waited for a response
of YES it does float thus being all the proof we need to prove that it is in
fact a WITCH!

You fail at life.

Justin

HAHAHA! Gee, is adam calling someone dumb? Idiot? That never happens! :)

Not everyone is as smart as you adam nor as bright. In fact, usually more
so.

msnews.microsoft.com is owned and operated by MS. Yes, MS chooses to allow
USENET to sync. However I only hear cry babies like yourself complaining.
What we never hear about is this almightily USENET organization telling MS
to shape up or ship out.

This is great! You would think that when you call someone a clueless idiot
or dumb you would at least make sure to be perfect yourself. Right?
Obviously not:

"I mean a REALLY dummy that refuses"

adam strike again!

Adam Albright

HAHAHA! Gee, is adam calling someone dumb? Idiot? That never happens! :)

Not everyone is as smart as you adam nor as bright. In fact, usually more
so.

msnews.microsoft.com is owned and operated by MS. Yes, MS chooses to allow
USENET to sync. However I only hear cry babies like yourself complaining.

Complaining about what? You keep lying through your ass. I simply set
the record straight. Microsoft doesn't, can't own any newsgroup or any
of the other goofy things said that are flat out bullshit. MS didn't
choose to allow, you kidding? Microsoft share? A major provider STOLE
the feed and MS couldn't, didn't do a damn thing about it.

Unlike a brown nose butt kissing Microsoft apologist like you, I play
it straight down the middle. You should try that sometime.

Justin

Adam Albright said:
Complaining about what? You keep lying through your ass.

Interesting, you say I lie yet you do not address what I lied about?
Classic adam!
I simply set
the record straight.

You set nothing straight. You never do.
Microsoft doesn't, can't own any newsgroup or any
of the other goofy things said that are flat out bullshit.

You're an idiot. Plain and simple. For something that MS doesn't own, they
sure do a LOT of monitoring and "cleaning". Usually before it hits other
servers.
MS didn't
choose to allow, you kidding?

I kidding? No. If you ask me, MS should pull the plug and let their NG's
become private. It would stop a LOT of the xposting garbage from the Linux
morons.
Unlike a brown nose butt kissing Microsoft apologist like you, I play
it straight down the middle. You should try that sometime.

Really? Interesting! Please tell us, almighty adam, how do I kiss MS when
I point out specific Vista flaws and bugs? When I us Linux for specific
applications? When I have 25 Macs in my inventory (just bought some new
ones!)?

adam, adam, adam.... some day you'll learn. Not soon enough :(

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Why don't you 2 children stop with the "did not - did to" and let some folks
who need support for Vista get a word in edgewise!

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Adam Albright said:
While Microsoft provides a news server one can link to that allows
acces to this newsgroup, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of
other news servers world wide

Anyone who wants a simple demonstration of this should do a Google on
their "realname" (in quotes) from a message they posted when logged
into the Microsoft server and when the Google list comes go to the last
page and click on the link that tells Google not to hide similar pages.

You'll see the references to the message you posted on the one server
showing up on a myriad of servers you've never heard of!