WHINE, WHINE, WHINE

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Adam Albright said:
Stop with the self-serving bullshit will ya fella! Hint: You don't
control who gets to say what to this newsgroup. Try to learn that.

Just one quick question, do you wipe the area of Microsoft's hairy
butt you so eagerly kiss before you begin to smooch?

It's idiots like you that I'm referring to when I say that this group
should be moderated. You apparently have no respect for Usenet
and fail to understand the subject matter of the group to which you
are irrelevantly posting to. At least your doing so under the right header...

mikeyhsd

then use a proper news reader and learn how to configure it to display items in the format of your choice.

(e-mail address removed)

Vista is fine, it's trolls spamming UseNet with HTML messages that annoys me
:)

the same whiners are here every day whining about vista.

if you do not like vista.
then by all means go back to xp or linux or mac.

if you wish to use vista. then LEARN HOW.
learn to live with it
AND GET A LIFE.

(e-mail address removed)@sport.rr.com

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Some idiots don't understand that not only do many ISPs drop or
remove HTML, but they have no idea just how much bandwidth
their assanine, one-liner posts consume... but more importantly,
Usenet is set up for plain text messages and always has been.

From: "mikeyhsd" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: WHINE, WHINE, WHINE
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:25:05 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

------=_NextPart_000_014B_01C7686D.C410AE60

then use a proper news reader and learn how to configure it to display =
items in the format of your choice.

(e-mail address removed)

Vista is fine, it's trolls spamming UseNet with HTML messages that =
annoys me=20
:)

the same whiners are here every day whining about vista.

if you do not like vista.
then by all means go back to xp or linux or mac.

if you wish to use vista. then LEARN HOW.
learn to live with it
AND GET A LIFE.

(e-mail address removed)@sport.rr.com=20

------=_NextPart_000_014B_01C7686D.C410AE60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>then use a proper news reader and learn =
how to=20
configure it to display items in the format of your choice.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff0000>
<MARQUEE scrollAmount=3D2 scrollDelay=3D9 behavior=3Dalternate =
width=3D"35%"=20
bgColor=3D#ffff00 height=3D22><A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A></MARQUEE></=
FONT></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"Charlie Tame" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>&gt; wrote in =
message <A=20
=
href=3D"(e-mail address removed)</A>...</DIV>Vista=20
is fine, it's trolls spamming UseNet with HTML messages that annoys me =

<BR>:)<BR><BR><BR><BR>"mikeyhsd" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <BR><A=20
=
href=3D"@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>the=20
same whiners are here every day whining about vista.<BR><BR>if you do =
not like=20
vista.<BR>then by all means go back to xp or linux or mac.<BR><BR>if =
you wish=20
to use vista. then LEARN HOW.<BR>learn to live with it<BR>AND GET A=20
LIFE.<BR><BR><A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]@sport.rr.com">mikeyhsd@sport=
(e-mail address removed)</A>=20
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_014B_01C7686D.C410AE60--

mikeyhsd

this new group is not usenet.
it is a microsoft owned news group.
html has always been welcome on the ms news servers.

as I said use a proper news reader and learn how to configure it to view items in the format of your choice.

(e-mail address removed)

From: "mikeyhsd" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:25:05 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

[...]

Adam Albright

this new group is not usenet.

You mean newsgroup?
it is a microsoft owned news group.

No, Microsoft can't "own" a newsgroup. This newsgroup like the well
over 100,000 others IS picked up by a network of Usenet News Servers.
The point of orgin (where any particular post originates, regardless
if the original post starting a new thread or anyone posting a reply
is totally irrelevant. HOW you access this newsgroup and read the
posts contained depends on WHICH news server (a specially set up
computer) you point your news reader application to. Thru a process
called peering all news servers exchange posts with each other. This
can be nearly instant, take minutes, hours, even days at times. Also
depending on how YOU the end user access this newsgroup determines
which posts you see. At any point in time you may see more or less
posts then the next guy. Also whoever controls the news server you
access may expire posts (remove them to make room for newer ones)
faster then some other provider.

Unlike a web page that has a single static address pointed to by a
single URL, a post to a newsgroup is "copied" to your particular news
server when the connected news servers "peer" with each other.
Accordingly anybody foolishly saying Microsoft or anybody else is in
control or somehow in charge of this newsgroup or any other is making
a ludicrous statement.

kirk jim

I was a beta tester.. suddenly in one build the UAC appeared! I was
horrified..

I thought this must be some mistake or testing feature for the beta... not
something that they will actually leave like this.... "they cant be that
stupid" I thought.......

Oh they CAN and they ARE! lol

because Vista is stupid

Adam Albright

I was a beta tester.. suddenly in one build the UAC appeared! I was
horrified..

I thought this must be some mistake or testing feature for the beta... not
something that they will actually leave like this.... "they cant be that
stupid" I thought.......

Oh they CAN and they ARE! lol

because Vista is stupid

What you mean Microsoft can't be that stupid?

They gave us BOB.

Billy G also once said the Internet was just a passing fad and no need
for Microsoft to develop for it <paraphased>

Also:

"I've said some stupid things and some wrong things, but not that. No
one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of
memory is enough for all time... I keep bumping into that silly
quotation attributed to me that says 640K of memory is enough. There's
never a citation; the quotation just floats like a rumor, repeated
again and again. Still... I remember the day when we thought upgrading
from 8K of RAM to 16K of RAM was something really really super."

I guess Billy never thought then that a version of Windows would
demand at least 500MB of RAM. <giggle>

Old Billy referring to a often misquoted comment where is supposedly
said that 64K of memory will be all anybody will ever need. Of course
this was way back in Windows 95 era and Windows didn't eat up 9 GB of
your hard drive. <giggle>

Some all time Billy G bloopers, including his mug shots when he was
arrested for well... check it out:

http://www.e-consultancy.com/news-b...bill-gates-quotes-just-for-apple-fanboys.html

Has such priceless gems like "Make it just like a Mac"

"The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs,
and to study great programs that other people have written. In my
case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and
fished out listings of their operating system."

Know finally, you know what DOS and Windows is REALLY based on. ;-)

Wrecklass

Agreed, the problem isn't that Microsoft put in UAC, they needed
to do that. The problem is that they implemented it in the worst way
imaginable. Perhaps they just don't have any imagination at MS.

I suspect that the real problem is that Microsoft refuses to look at how
other operating systems do things because they fear being labeled as
thieves (again.) However, in this case mimicking the method that OS X
and other *nix operating systems handle Administrative account
elevation isn't an IP issue.

Hopefully Microsoft will get over their paranoia and implement UAC
the right way in the very very near future. In the meantime, I HIGHLY
recommend some of the options appearing on the web to enable/disable
some of the more egregious issues with UAC. I am personally working
on a way to implement UAC in Vista the right way. More later.

kirk jim

I know all the stories and pics you are referring to in your post...

thanks though.... if I had not seen them I would sure like them...

Adam Albright said:
[...]

Thomas Goodson

Hey, I like Bob. In fact, I'm using Bob right now. Got to put my can of
pop someplace. :)
** Tom **

kirk jim

Now we dont have bob.. we haveVista with gadgets that resemble telephones,
notepads, picture frames and calculators that are realistic looking items...

:)

Bill Gates wife was ahead of her time (it was her idea for BOB) :)

(OR vista is going back in time)

Thomas Goodson

LOL :) Of course, you might want to be careful about making any kind of
comments about the wife if one of the richest men in to world.

Diamontina Cocktail

I have turned UAC back on after turning it off the day I upgraded back at
the start of Feb. For the most part it doesnt interfere. Unfortunately, it
causes my preferred time sync prog to not be able to change the time to
whatever is correct when I want it to. I have looked for a way to fix this.
Windows Firewall has a pass through for it so it SHOULD work - and does when
UAC is off - so does anyone know how to set a particular program to work
auto without interference from UAC?

Thomas Goodson

Actually, you'll probably have to setup your time sync program to run with
elevated privilege. Setting the time requires administrator privileges. In
general, right click its shortcut and pick properties. Then select
compatibility and check the "Run this program as an administrator". Of
course, you'll get a prompt when this program launches.

** Tom **

Diamontina Cocktail

Interestingly, this program wont allow that option to be checked or
unchecked.

Scott

this new group is not usenet.

Like hell it isn't. It's one of thousands of newsgroups on my news
server.
it is a microsoft owned news group.

Um... riiiight.
html has always been welcome on the ms news servers.

But I'm not on a MS news server....
as I said use a proper news reader and learn how to configure it to view items in the format of your choice.

A "Proper News Reader".

LMFAO
--
Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
NOTICE: In-Newsgroup (and therefore off-topic) comments on my sig will
be cheerfully ignored, so don't waste our time.

Paul-B

mikeyhsd said:
this new group is not usenet.

It's not new and it is part of usenet.
it is a microsoft owned news group.

So what? It's carried on many servers.
html has always been welcome on the ms news servers.

Care to provide a source for this statement?
as I said use a proper news reader and learn how to configure it to
view items in the format of your choice.

LOL!

"Use a proper newsreader" - this from someone ho is using a broken,
non-compliant microsoft piece of rubbish.

It is not usenet. It is commercial property of MS. They allow usenet type
servers to take feeds.

And it is a group that permits binary and HTML postings. There is only a
maximun file size.