when I log on it restarts immediatly

G

when I log on my windows xp,I can see the desktop but it restarts immediatly!
what should I do?
new windows?
cause I can even go to the start menu

U

Unk

when I log on my windows xp,I can see the desktop but it restarts immediatly!
what should I do?
new windows?
cause I can even go to the start menu

Windows XP has a default setting to "Restart on failure"

Startup the computer in the Safe Mode: Restart the computer. After the Power On Self Test
(POST), press and hold the F8 key.

Once in the safe mode, Right click on "My Computer" and select Manage.
Expand the Event Viewer category and look through each of the three sub-categories for the red
flagged error records. The date and time of these should correspond to your restarts. Double
click on an error record to see the details of the error.

Now change this restart behavior: Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, Advanced
In the Startup and Recovery section, click on the "Settings" button to open the Startup and
Recovery window. In the System Failure section, uncheck "Automatically restart", Click "Apply",
"OK"

Restart the computer normally. The computer will no longer restart when a system failure
occurs. Instead it will probably throw up a "Blue Screen Of Death" with a STOP error message
and then halt completely, requiring a manual power off and restart (or reset if it has a
hardware reset switch). But the contents of the STOP error message will give a specific clue
as to the underlying cause of the problem. Post back with the exact error message contents.

Don't be suprised, if after changing the setting, things appear to run just fine.
Some errors are so minor that they will only show up in the Event logs and not produce a BSD.
However, they would still evoke the restart if the setting were changed back to the default.

Ask a Question