What makes PC Review Unique?

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Agree with all that's been said. Certainly I've learned whatever I've learned here.
BTW, why do my lines disappear over the right-hand edge of the page
- they didn't used to?

Reaction score
peahouse05 said:
Hi All
Agree with all that's been said. Certainly I've learned whatever I've learned here.
BTW, why do my lines disappear over the right-hand edge of the page
- they didn't used to?

Click the yellow arrow to the right ^>;)

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks itsme
What makes it uniique is that simpletons like me are treated with respect. I cringe when remembering some of my early questions - although not unlike this last one - ok now!
Cheers
peahouse05:thumb:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Reading this thread has put such a smile on my face :D

I really do belive that we have one of the friendliest and most helpful forums around, where anyone is welcome (apart from spammers ;)) - and that is all because of the fantastic members and mods that make up this site
nod.gif

I recently joined Ex***sys forum as I wanted to know something about a USB broadband modem as its more mobile orientated..I won't be going back there again and thats just cause of the replies I got from the Mods..

Ian you sure do have a top site here..And good mods that let us say what we need to and nip it in the bud before anything gets out of hand..

Reaction score
I would agree with all that has been said re:p.C Review. You people are really great,and I`ve learned a lot since I found PCR. But I feel as some one who knows very little about computers I cannot give any technical help to anyone. So I seem to be always asking for help but not giving any.And some times I feel as if I am always taking but not giving any thing back.Does this make sence-------
-----or is it just me?
historian

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
historian said:
I cannot give any technical help to anyone.

Doesn't matter, historian, you're still part of the set up and have views on some matters which makes them of greater interest. :thumb: :wave:

Reaction score
historian said:
I would agree with all that has been said re:p.C Review. You people are really great,and I`ve learned a lot since I found PCR. But I feel as some one who knows very little about computers I cannot give any technical help to anyone. So I seem to be always asking for help but not giving any.And some times I feel as if I am always taking but not giving any thing back.Does this make sence-------
-----or is it just me?
historian

Hell man your one of us!:thumb:

Reaction score
I Have jioned a few forums and IMHO they are not a patch on PCR:D I don`t bother with them after lets say two visits the second visit is to make sure it was as bad as I thought it were on the first visit:nod: It was:bow:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
the real reason why i stayed?
not only have a learned a great deal on just about everything - not to mention everybody made me feel comfortable.

Oh and a big, big thanks to Mr. Mucks and Flops for helping me with a straight answer... the first people i ever talked to here. :D

Cheers too everyone - especially Ian Cunningham

Thank you Ian.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i'm with Alf, the reason i stayed around was Mucks. IIRC Mucks was the first person to give me guidance on building my first PC, so i hung around incase it went t*ts up lol

then the more questions i asked the more people answered, so this ended up being my 'home'

Reaction score
Finding a place in cyber space where i can chill out.
And to find like minded people to converse with on the internet!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
historian ...

Anytime anybody asks a question, they help others also. :nod:

:thumb:

Reaction score
I think the reason this forum works so well is they way it is vendor/advertising neutral.
So no advertiser can put pressure on Ian or The Mods to chop posts that are negative towards them.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

I like the way the young folk help out us oldies.

:D

Attachments

• 2009-01-11_221827.png
    2009-01-11_221827.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Reaction score
OOOOh I just read through all that lot and got a warm fuzzy feeling all over ;)
happywave.gif

Yes, Ian well done. All Mods well done. All contributing members, well done. Even the non contributing members will eventually pass on their knowledge, So, well done.

Big shout out for mucks saying he was born here; well with a post count like that i'm sure you were congrats on over 16000 Damn.........
bowdown.gif

Why I keep coming back? Well i just like to scorn people with no manners ;) muhahahahaha

From my very first message to Ian over 5years ago now the site captured my attention. A few have mentioned its nice to come and chill. Read some gossip ranging from Quantum Physics and UFO's to even changing a stick of memory. We are sponges. We need to learn so what better a place than here.

Well done everyone!!

It is such a shame that as a forum family we all live so far apart as it would be nice to do a massive meet. Put face to names so to say. I'm sure it will happen one day. In the mean time keep on typing people :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've met Mucks and Ady already :)

Fine fellas both :thumb:

Oh, and James as well, but he don't come round here much anymore.

Reaction score
Well.

I started visiting the forums a few months prior to registering. Since registering I have been on here everyday. I enjoy helping people with there problems.

I remember the first time I came on here asking about ram timings for a pc that I had built and it was not showing the correct speed. The first person I ever spoke to on here was Itsme. Itsme did a great job in sorting my problem out, thanks.

I think its a great forum and keep up the great work. :thumb:

Regards,

Wiz

Ask a Question