Battlefield 1 Review

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Battlefield 1 is out on Friday 21st October 2016, and there are a number of pre-release reviews which have been published online today. As you would hope to see, the feedback is overwhelmingly positive. Nerdist has been taking a look:

The first-person shooter genre has evolved quite a bit over the past few years to suit a more futuristic style of gameplay. When you pick up the latest Call of Duty or Titanfall, for instance, you expect jetpacks, unbelievable tech, and wall-running. DICE, however, has chosen a different route with Battlefield 1 by taking the latest installment back to the basics and back in time to the World War I era. The good news is it works brilliantly.

DICE clearly put in a lot of work making sure the gameplay felt authentic to the brutality of war, while still adding epic set pieces we’ve come to expect from AAA games. The campaign consists of six different stories, all from different perspectives and protagonists that also highlight the introduction of new technology into the war, like the tank. Since this war consists of so many different moving parts, it’s actually the perfect mechanism to give us completely diverse gameplay moments that make sense in the context of what’s going on. Apart from that, a few of the stories are incredibly powerful, delivering some heartbreaking moments, and really highlighting how terrifying war actually is.

Battlefield 1.jpg

Read the full review here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Battlefield 1 is out on Friday 21st October 2016,
Not if you've pre ordered it isn't. 18th for me! :D

I also signed up to a month of EA Access so I could get to try it for 10 hours, which I burned though over the weekend just gone. It wasn't all the maps and not all the SP campaign. But I can tell you now. its going to be good! :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Not if you've pre ordered it isn't. 18th for me! :D

I also signed up to a month of EA Access so I could get to try it for 10 hours, which I burned though over the weekend just gone. It wasn't all the maps and not all the SP campaign. But I can tell you now. its going to be good! :thumb:

Oh yeah I forgot about that! Have you taken the day off to play it, or will you be diving in once you're home? I have to say, I've never played any of the Battlefield games before, but I'll be playing this one. Going to stream it from Ian's PC to the lounge once he's done with it :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, nah no time off for me. Might get a couple of games in tonight, but I've got other more pressing things I need to do this week, typically. :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
No rest for the wicked :lol:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it :thumb:

Ask a Question