• Pretty good

Votes: 68 55.3%
  • About average

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Novice / Just starting

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I can use a computer to do what I want, but don't know much about programming. I rely on somebody else to fix the hardware. ;)

Reaction score
I'm self taught so I don't know much about any techno lingo, but at what point could you be considered average?

mike047

DC Gypsy
Reaction score
I checked the expert, as a user..I just surf.

BUT, I bulid crunchers and OC them and am very good at that
nod.gif

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Well from what I've read I think there are a few on here who underestimate their abilities.

I've paid for help in years gone by at shops where one would expect the person working on your equipment to be an expert only to come to the realization that they knew less than me and I won't even go into how many times I've been raked over in an attempt to get an automobile repaired by "experts".

I can build a decent functioning box.

I can overclock them until they are stable.

I can eventually figure out pretty much any software I've need of.

What I encounter that stumps me I eventually figure out after doing a bit of reading and googling or with help form the likes of the kind folk around here so if expert means can I do anything computer related without making a mistake then no.

If however I compare my abilities with many who actually do this work for a living then I'd have to say for the most part I can hold my own so I'm just as much expert as some yet not as much as others. ;)

Just wanted to add that what I've also noticed a number of times is that when I do end up facing some challenge that confounds me I post in a couple of places to get tips or help and more often than not those posts go unsolved suggesting to me that I'm about at par with many when it comes to skill level.

Last edited:
Reaction score
>>>>>MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE <<<<<

But still don't Bl**dy well know his Arse from a hole in the ground!!! Nope don't know Shi*e lmao not compared with the lot of you fine gents:D

Gracious from the look of the poll weve got 150"Expert-LvL" & 114 Novices then don't we aye?!....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
computer skills? BAH!
only thing i need to know is where to place my next shot :D

i know enough to get me by i suppose, but everyday i learn

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm not sure I fit into any of the categories. I think you need another option, "Useless"
icon7.gif

Reaction score
I'm just newbie and starting my computer career. I just keep myself reading and reading for my thesis, projects and personal knowledge.

Reaction score
What are my computer skills like?

Average. I know a little bit more then the average user, but I am in know way an expert! I rely on a friend for that. He has forgotten more then I will ever know. But like the old attage says, I learn something new everyday!

Reaction score
I know my way around Microsoft Office, I can type pretty quickly and I dabble in Flash, Dreamweaver and Photoshop. I know how to use keyboard shortcuts to cut/paste copy and move files.

I am by far and away inexperienced when it comes to Java and HTML

Reaction score
Pretty Good

I'd say I'm pretty good, hopefully by end of my education I can be classified as an expert.

Reaction score
I'd say I'm an expert.... but I admit I'm always learning.

My professions have always been IT based, hardware and software.
Since the age of 14 so thats over 11 years of experience.

Qualifications - MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, BSc Games Programming... and others

Reaction score
Costantly learning, everyday I learn something new...
MCSA, MCSE, CCNA plus a load of Web stuff..Javascript, xml, CSS, HTML, DHTML and loads of design courses..Plus a couple of other degrees that aren't computer related

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
AppleFanboy said:
By "expert", what do you mean?

Um, 'Smartarse' 'Fluent and proficient in three programming languages' 'Designs web-pages using text only in their sleep' 'Writes a new kernel for Slackware in ten minutes and it works' 'Plays The Sims and manages to make whole families commit suicide' 'Can spell all those awkward words correctly when using Office software without using a spell checker' - you know the type.

So what do you mean 'by expert what do you mean?'

What would be your interpretation of 'expert'?

There are those who consider being able to log-on to a website and cropping a photograph successfully to give them expert status and who would I be to dispute their claim? :)

Ask a Question