Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Novice / Just starting

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Yeah i'm gonna be honest and say i voted expert as i've been messing up peoples pc's for quite some years now....:D

I work as an engineer and although i don't claim to know everything, I am pretty handy with me screwdrivers and and am tinkering with the bl**dy things 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year....So if that don't qualify for expert then i'm going home...:rolleyes:
No problem with that crazylegs :thumb: - I know we have some pretty good folks on here - I think what was surprising was the number claiming expert status - I didn't realise we had that many...

Reaction score
Well ive onl been doing it for 11 years and in no circumstance would i consider myself an expert

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Personally, I think I'm pretty good. I would like to say an expert, but I still need a bit of help every now again though.
I think i do have a better than average understanding of PC's. ;)

Reaction score
Normally very good, but i do seem to have times when by brain switches off and i become a bit of a muppet:rolleyes: Often happens these days, may just be getting old:eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Can you only vote if your registered, Or can non-members vote too?

Just wondered if thats why we're seeing so many experts.....

Reaction score
i'm not an expert

I didn't say i was an expert, who can be when dealing with Microsoft:eek:

I'm stronger on hardware and my nemesis has been MS-DOS, had to learn it for exams recently, so went back to basic's. But i do enjoy playing with old pc's and learning more about the hardware. May be i should get out more and meet people?

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
V_R said:
Can you only vote if your registered, Or can non-members vote too?

Just wondered if thats why we're seeing so many experts.....
Voting is open to all ... it really depends on their level of Expertise ... ;)

Reaction score
Pretty good me2:p

Hardware expert.:thumb:
Software good.:lol:
I hate programing so I leave that side to the experts;) yet to meet one yet though:D

Reaction score
my knowledge extends to fitting hard drives, gfx cards and memory

but im afraid i bought an hp, which means that immediately im less than novice

i am in fact a retard

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
I can handle my own in most cases :) . A little bit of hardware knowledge, a little bit of software knowledge, some VBA programming and some website desgin.

Reaction score
Yes, you can vote if you are unregistered.

I put expert - not entirely sure I qualify, but why not?
I have a job in the IT field - I have a degree in CIS (Computer Information Systems)
I know a slew of programming languages -
asp
BASIC
batch
C
C++
C#
COBOL
JAVA
JavaScript
sh (bash, ksh)
SQL
VB
VBA (for excel - working on access right now.)

Build my own computers - fix other people's.
Did video editing for a few years.
Did web page design for quite some time - from basic HTML with a couple tables to flash, DHTML, and CSS enhanced sites (only recently started using Front Page - I used to do everything in notepad), complete with customized graphics using photoshop, PSP, and MS PAINT.
I'm familiar with Windows, Linux, UNIX, DOS, and even MacOS
etc.
Really not a hardware expert - I just recently realized that I was seriously out of date - when I was contemplating buying a computer with a processor with 333MHz FSB - thinking that was fairly top of the line - only to find out I needed to get back in touch with emerging technology! I've got back in touch since then - so I don't feel too bad in claiming expert.

Reaction score
Well what can you say with all those qualifications, er some i have not even heard off, no disrespect but do you get out much:rolleyes: Good to have one expert here, we do have a lot of "expert's" i'm one, but may be not in IT:lol:

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
omrsafetyo said:
Yes, you can vote if you are unregistered.

I put expert - not entirely sure I qualify, but why not?
I have a job in the IT field - I have a degree in CIS (Computer Information Systems)
I know a slew of programming languages -
asp
BASIC
batch
C
C++
C#
COBOL
JAVA
JavaScript
sh (bash, ksh)
SQL
VB
VBA (for excel - working on access right now.)

Build my own computers - fix other people's.
Did video editing for a few years.
Did web page design for quite some time - from basic HTML with a couple tables to flash, DHTML, and CSS enhanced sites (only recently started using Front Page - I used to do everything in notepad), complete with customized graphics using photoshop, PSP, and MS PAINT.
I'm familiar with Windows, Linux, UNIX, DOS, and even MacOS
etc.
Really not a hardware expert - I just recently realized that I was seriously out of date - when I was contemplating buying a computer with a processor with 333MHz FSB - thinking that was fairly top of the line - only to find out I needed to get back in touch with emerging technology! I've got back in touch since then - so I don't feel too bad in claiming expert.

afraid7.gif
thats alot of languages

Reaction score
Put myself down as "Pretty Good"
Been working in IT for the last 7 1/2 years.
Started off as an ICL Mainframe Operator Jnr and now work for the IT Support department.
I'm a bit of a Jack of all trades and dabble in various forms of IT related stuff like Networking, Server management, desktop support (for both PC's and Apple Mac's [I'm the only one who touches the macs]), a bit of HTML, fix hardware (love rippin' stuff apart, always seem to have screws left over though :confused:)
Built my own machine and fix other peoples etc...etc....

Not quite in the same league as omrsafetyo but I probably have a better complection cause I've seen more sunshine :D

All hail omrsafetyo :thumb:

Cheers,

Rich

Reaction score
I think i'm pretty good/nr expert. I built my first pc when i was 12. I taught myself html, javascripting and starting visual basic c# this week. I know everything there is to know about win 95,98. Getting there with winxp.

Ask a Question