UNKNOWN ERROR WHEN IT SAY UNKNOWN ERROR HAS OCCURRED

this worked for me, earlier this month, dont know why or how:

So, for the fun of it, I rt. clicked on one the mails i could not delete and
tried to see the properties; on one mail, the server couldnt find message,
on another a message to the effect of 'cant disply properties...'. So I
marked one of the mails 'Read' (most were un-read junks), and THEN it
deleted. And all the others deleted too, as normal, read or un-read. go
figure....

"unknown error has occurred when i try to" <unknown error has occurred when