Trying to send E-mails

Can't send emails through Windows Mail

Windows Mail won't let me send or receive e-mails. When I try to sen I get
"server unexpectedly terminated connection" can anyone help...so frustrated!

Peter Foldes

What is the rest of the message before and after "server unexpectedly terminated
connection"

--
Peter

"Can't send emails through Windows Mail" <Can't send emails through Windows
news:[email protected]...

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

I'll make a stab in the dark, since you failed to include the complete
error message.
"Unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference from an
antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

As a possible temporary fix, delete that corrupted mail account,
restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Jamal Chowdhury

Can't send emails through Windows Mail said:
Windows Mail won't let me send or receive e-mails. When I try to sen I get
"server unexpectedly terminated connection" can anyone help...so frustrated!

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You need to give us a bit more to go on.
Do you get an error message when you try to send If so,
right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.