Trojan.backdoor.small.FB

Reaction score
I have questions about this trojan on a few sites. I also had a problem getting rid of it. Microsoft Antispyware would remove it and it would appear again when I started up PartyPoker. Today all I did was use the Disk Cleanup facility and it seems to have removed the trojan. I have been into partypoker and run another scan and it still seems to be gone. Could it be that easy?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Susie Q said:
I have questions about this trojan on a few sites. I also had a problem getting rid of it. Microsoft Antispyware would remove it and it would appear again when I started up PartyPoker. Today all I did was use the Disk Cleanup facility and it seems to have removed the trojan. I have been into partypoker and run another scan and it still seems to be gone. Could it be that easy?
Yes, it can ... we highly recommend CCleaner, it will clean the crap off your PC. Watch out though not to install Yahoo Toolbar that comes with it, just un-tick that box. Defrag after using CCleaner.

I suspect you had some remains left behind that clean-up removed as it was no longer in use ... however, I still recommend verifying you are clean by using one of the on-line scanners such as HouseCall. :thumb:

Trojans are not viruses, as such some Antivirus programs fall short in their expectations ... you take a gamble (pun intended) every time you download anything.

;)

oh, welcome to the forums. :D

Ask a Question