The Big upgrade!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
You can't really compare Intel and AMD, they are totally different. The 3500+ will pee ALL over your 2.6Ghz... and come to think of it, any 3.2GHz and above Intel too, and it will be even faster when 64bit is mainstream.

Raid 0 is striping, and Raid 1 is mirroring. 0 for performance and 1 for security :)

as i read in the key specs it says, athlon 64 3500+ cpu over clocked from 2.2ghz to 2.35ghz :S confused?!

Reaction score
AMD actually use a much more efficient architechture in their CPU's to intel.

AMD have much lower operating frequencies, but much faster performance. What you can do, as a rough guess, use the AMD number as MHz and put that against an Intel GHz

E.g.

AMD Athlon 3000+ would perform similary to an Intel P4 3000MHz

It's a ROUGH guide, by no mean accurate, and i am not sure if this can be applied to the 64bit CPU's

But you get the point, right?

Reaction score
ahh i see, so the +3500 would be like 3.5 but not really lol, and with it being 64 bit its differnt, yet it shows that its alot more powerful lol.

since i have come to this board i have learnt a hell of a lot lol.

Reaction score
I also noticed from the time you gave me the list of what to buy the prices have slowly droped lol, and will do so untill i buy them :D wooT!

Ask a Question