From: "brad" <[email protected]>
Subject: terminal printing setup
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:48:23 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

win2k adv server had a old printer hp setup at the remote
location with no problems setup a new hp 1300n printer
setup tcp/it all users can print local but when they TS
in to our servers the printer dosent show up and they
cant print the last printer was setup with lpt1 port this
new one is tcp/ip what is i missing
thanks brad
--

A Windows 2000 Terminal Server will not redirect a Standard TCP/IP port. By default it will only redirect LPT, COM and
USB. Take a look at the following article for some more information.

264039 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Does Not Redirect Network Printers
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];264039

302361 - Printers That Use Ports That Do Not Begin With COM, LPT, or USB Are Not Redirected in a Remote Desktop
or Terminal Services Session
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];302361

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.