    symbol text on hundreds of pages. After this happens the lights on the
    printer keep flashing and nothing happens.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you again.

    Guest, Oct 5, 2005

    I have got a lot of the pages of gibberish on 1200 and 1300 Laserjets.
    However, the speed problems I do not. You may want to check the port speeds
    for the said printer. If it's set to auto, try setting it to 10full or visa
    versa. Also, if it's set to 100, it might be going too fast. See if that
    helps.

    I have found in the past, that disconnecting the jetdirect from the printer
    and reinstalling it fixes the gibberish problem.

    Guest, Oct 5, 2005