spooler interruption on shared printer

Anita

With Win2000 and current updates, we have an HP-D1341 printer connected via
USB that works fine locally, so it is now shared giving Full Control to
everyone, and is visible on the network. The share is connected via Samba to
the remote machine's print queue and everything appears correct.

When we print to it from t remote machine, the Document Name "Remote
Downlevel Document" is spooled with Status "Printing", it shows the correct
owner who also has Full Control and shows a size of "64.0 KB/14.3 MB". These
remote print jobs to the shared printer never complete, nor do they ever
exceed the 64.0 KB processed size.

The 14.3 MB file has been completely transferred and the remote machine sees
a successful completion of the print job, but even after several hours it
doesn't print, and the incompleted job plugs the spooler queue so that even
local jobs won't complete.

The Event Viewer states initially:

"Document 7, Remote Downlevel Document owned by anita was printed on HP
Deskjet D1300 series via port USB001. Size in bytes: 65536; pages printed:
0 "

then

"Printer HP Deskjet D1300 series was set."

then 6 seconds later after the entire 14.3 MB has transferred:

"Printer HP Deskjet D1300 series was set. "

What can we do to fix ths, please, and get the remote documents to print on
this shared printer?

Anita

Anybody help please? The spooler consistently plugs at 64 KB after seeing
the entire file of greater size. How might we diagnose this problem?

Buffalo

Anita said:
Anybody help please? The spooler consistently plugs at 64 KB after
seeing the entire file of greater size. How might we diagnose this
problem?

"Anita" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Have you tried installing the latest drivers for that printer?
Perhaps try an XP group and state that you did not get any answers on the
Win2000 ng.
Or, try an HP Printer newsgroup.
Buffalo
PS: Perhaps further research such as:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01849794&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1839854

might get you headed in the right direction. The above link is for a newer
OS, but may be worth reading.