Bargain Steam Summer Sale 2018 starts today...?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just received an email confirming this rumour as el facto.

Purchased 3 on my Steam wishlist Hidden Folks, Cat Quest & Vanquish for £13.07 total and am tempted by Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 @ £7.99.

What with these, two freebies and recently having purchased DLC for Nier Automata with the intention of playing it through again I think I'm really rather spoilt for new games atm :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just bought The Witness, Battlestar Galactica and a couple of other small games. That's my Sunday evening sorted :D.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here's a link to a gaming site (Gamespot) that lists their best choice of games in the Steam sale under $20/£20 Link It may give you some ideas.

Of the games listed I bought Vanquish and I can only say that's my kind of game - a brainless shoot 'em up - yee-hah! It's a bit like the Gears Of War Series.

I recently bought The Phantom Pain (From the Metal Gear series) on disk for Xbox One for £8 and was very impressed with it so I've decided to buy it for PC in the Steam sale for £12.49 cos I can never get used to aiming and shooting with a game controller with the Xbox 1 so would prefer to play it on PC with mouse & keyboard.

The game starts with lots of cut scenes but eventually settles down to some solid gaming with mild stealth elements and some intense moments. I will take the Xbox 1 version back to the GAME shop and part-ex it I think.

Also on Xbox 1 recently I played the demo of the beta version of Ubisoft's The Crew 2 and it was pretty good. You get to drive Cars, Motorcycles, Boats and Planes and the cars are especially good whilst I personally was crap at the planes I kept crashing them but I've never been any good at flight sims, not even arcade ones. The planes are pretty much a mimic of the Red Bull plane racing so if you fancy yourself as a bit if a wiz pilot, worth considering.

At Abarb's suggestion I will buy Cat on a diet for 39p as it got good reviews, nowt to lose really. And I couldn't get your first link to load for me Abarb :confused:

Talking of Cat Games, I also recently bought Cat Quest in the Steam sale and it's ok but it's really a bit of a kids game.

Finally, another Steam sale question: Anybody played 5 Nights at Freddys? If so - what's it like? The first one is up for grabs at 99p and the other 3 are currently £1.44 each.

The Steam sale ends on July 5th.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This is a neat site that lists all the Steam sale games by percentage discount.

https://steamdb.info/sales/

That's a really useful site - I use it to check if it's a good deal before I buy something on Steam. They have sales so often, I don't mind waiting a couple of months if a full price game is sometimes priced at 70% off.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
And I couldn't get your first link to load for me Abarb :confused:

Link works here so it must be your setup.

oFZrQVp.jpg

Ha ha followed your link which led me to Steam where I bought the above.

No experience of Freddys, just go for it :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Um, ok, er, :blush: well it did load.... eventually :rolleyes:

I see the site has some information: 'Powered by the Snail-Trail accelerator' ;)

Ask a Question