STEAM SUMMER SALE ON NOW

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So it begins!! :dance:

http://store.steampowered.com/

The annual Steam Summer Sale starts today and lasts through Monday, July 23rd, 2012. Gamers will find amazing deals on thousands of games. The Summer Sale will again feature more than straight discounts, offering Daily Deals, Flash Sales, and “Community Choice” Sale. The latter allows gamers to vote for a title on a given list to be put on special price for a limited time.

Today's Daily Deals Include:

In addition, a new Vote starts every 8 hours and there will be new Flash sales throughout the day. Check back often!

Complete information on all the savings, Flash Sales, Votes and more may be found on www.steampowered.com

m0e5R.png
7mKmT.png

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hey! Been waiting for Ridge Racer Unbounded to drop in price, it still costs a lot on Amazon but you can't beat 15 quid. I will have me some of that.

Nowt else grabs me by the short and curlies though, sad to say.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
PS: Terraria, imo, is crap. My advice: avoid. But hey, be my guest, it could just be me....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the Flash Deals, they change ever 6 or so hours! ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
TODAYS DEALS..... and new Flash Deals

sNfWh.jpg
Z4vmn.jpg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Max Payne and Payday the Heist look to be the best deals there so far....

Also, just FYI Yesterdays deals are still running for another 12ish hours if you missed something.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd been waiting for Max Payne 3 to come down in price so that's Ridge Racer Unbound and Max Payne 3 I'm ordering now. Dang, I'm £30.00 poorer :(

Sonic Generations is very good but does get very hard after about three levels imo. Space Marine is also very good imo but I'm stuck on a boss level about three quarters of the way through :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've just got Max Payne 3, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and Payday: The Heist....

Less than 25 quid. :)

......So far......!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Might go for The Heist myself, didn't realise it was an fps, better make my mind up quick though eh? These offers don't last forever. I tried Street Fighter on X-Box, didn't like it but I do like (on X-Box) Mortal Kombat (9) & Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate Of 2 Worlds both of which are pretty good Kombat games imo.

Just about to try Ridge Racer Unbounded, Max Payne 3 is taking forever to download, not surprisingly Steam servers very busy.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You have longer than previous sales, you can still get yesterdays for another 5 hours, todays have about another 30 hours left. :)

SF IV was a bit of an impulse buy, used to love it when i was younger so i thought what the hell. lol.

They've made 9 MK's now!? :eek:

Yeah my MP3 is taking forever, it peaked at 4mb/s but aint got anywere near maxing out... I have about 30 mins left....

30Gb's is always going to take a while to DL....

EDIT @ 00.49, yay MP3 just finished downloading, perfect timing i'm off to bed! lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kin ell. Ridge Racer Unbounded is hard. Good, but hard. Haven't done better than 7th so far :( Mind you, It may be coz I'm sozzled. maybe better luck come morning time.

Think I may take my lazy butt off to bed as well, just changed quilt set too, nowt like crisp fresh bedware........ fare thee well folks

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Mmmm, clean sheets are great. :D

Todays Flash deals...
sFogm.png

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Anybody else tried Ridge Racer Unbounded? I tried it again for an hour or so today and it is definitely a hard one to play, I still haven't managed better than sixth place out of twelve. It could be just me of course but I don't think the cars handle very well at all.

Using drift it's very easy just to spin out of control and the whole game engine is very unforgiving. It's very frustrating to be in 2nd place almost until the end and then make one stupid slip and come last or even worse have another car take you out with a 'frag' which happens frequently.

The game looks good and there's a nice sense of speed and for each race completed you are awarded points which eventually unlocks new maps and cars, just takes longer the further back you finish each race. Dirt: Showdown and NFS: The Run are both SO much better.

I'll probably carry on with it but no way was this one ever worth thirty quid, glad I got it for half price.

Max Payne 3, however, imo, is very good indeed. Very much an interactive movie though the parts where you actually play are good. I've just started Chapter III after 70 mins of game play. Well worth £15 :thumb:

Just about to order Payback: The Heist before offer runs out.

And yes, I've played Alan Wake and American Nightmare add-on, thoroughly enjoyed both.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Wowee, another batch.

Borderlands for a fiver is good, I enjoyed that game a lot, quite unique.

Dead Island is £6.79, yet another zombie game, I enjoyed it for about six hours but it then became very repetitive. Still, for that price well worth a try.

DIRT: Showdown at £15 is now half price, lottsa fun imo though the single player doesn't last long.

And of course if anybody doesn't have Skyrim yet and you're into RPG's then £17.37 is the cheapest I've seen it so far. Lottsa free add-ons now available for Skyrim as well.

And Orcs Must Die for £3 is a giveaway, not one of your classics but hours of good fun. For three quid.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I looked at RRU, didn't do it for me... Tempted by Dirt Showdown and Skyrim,

You think i'd like Skyrim? Dont usually play that kind of game but everyone raves about it and i'm curious. :D

Dead Island i found boring quickly.

Payday is fun, played a hour or so yesterday, well worth the £3.74 price tag. :)

If you ever want to give Payday some MP action Flops shout would be good to play it online with someone. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, just caved in and bought Skyrim. :D

DLing hte Hi Res textures now.

Ask a Question