Sound screwd up -

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Have you tried resetting to defaults in Creative control panel? Also do you know if these are beta drivers? If you let me know what card you have I will try and find the right drivers for your card, and we can see if that works.

Regards,

Wiz

Beta Drivers wouldn't be installed via Auto Update

Reaction score
Hi Belloni
Do yourself a favour, go HERE and follow the steps layed out and i'm sure your problem will be resolved..If ever you have a problem with any device after drivers have been updated, rolling them back to a previous driver config should always be your first port of call..

Reaction score
When i go to sound in control panal and do - speakers - 2- Creative SB-fx test - it works, then when i go to SPDIF out and test, i hear nothing, does this help?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
If you are Using an optical out cable (SPDIF) then it should work, but if you are using a 3.5mm Jack then it won't as the SPDIF is Digital and for high definition sound.

Reaction score
I can't think what the problem is :s maybe when i did driver sweeper, it said file not found, that could be it?

They work, just not ... working properly lol

Reaction score
It's the 64 bit thing biting you! ...sorry

2135022158_84e0fc38e8.jpg

http://fakesteveballmer.blogspot.com

Reaction score
Just no sound when i try to play music or stuff.

However when i go to the creative console, and test each one, they all work :s

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
wizkid said:
When windows logs in does that make a sound??

Wiz
whats that got to do with it? That can be disabled in a matter of seconds....

Tough one Belloni.

Check all your settings again, if that dont work try ripping out all the drivers for sound card, make sure on-board is disabled via BIOS, and reinstall latest drivers direct from creative again? :confused:

Reaction score
Right, put in CD, did remove all stuff, and then went to programme files, removed all the stuff from there too.

Gone to the folder, and it says i need permission to delete it?!

Reaction score
V_R said:
whats that got to do with it?

Hi V_R,

The reason why I asked the quistion was to see if windows made a sound when it started. to see weather the codecs needed updating.

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
This is seriously annoying now, i've reinstalled several times, to nothing, just the same where testing the speakers work, then when i play music, nothing.

What the hell have i done updating the damn new drivers :( Knew i shouldn't have.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
have you tried reinstalling the drivers that worked? (sorry i aint read the whole thread) :)

Reaction score
Only way i've fixed it is by putting the plugs via the PC, so i don't have Xfi now ... what a waste.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
you have disabled the onboard audio aint ya (BIOS)? and uninstalled drivers?

Ask a Question