Sound screwd up -

Reaction score
Just updated my drivers via the auto update thing along with the new stuff like alchmey etc, restarted, now nothing lol

Can't think why :s

Reaction score
Have you tried System restore to see if that corrects the problem. Can you remove drivers and install the old drivers? were you having problems with sound drivers before?

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
I didn't have problems before, but i thought updating my pc's things would be helpful lol obviously not.

I'll try a system restore.

EDIT: I didn't have a system restore in place lol says shadow copy doesn't work or something so ... will try to install old drivers, but can't remember them lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also - When i go into the creative panel thing, and test the speakers *front right, front left* she says etc, i can hear that so ... :s

Reaction score
Belloni said:
Also - When i go into the creative panel thing, and test the speakers *front right, front left* she says etc, i can hear that so ... :s

Have you tried resetting to defaults in Creative control panel? Also do you know if these are beta drivers? If you let me know what card you have I will try and find the right drivers for your card, and we can see if that works.

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
Belloni said:

These are the ones,

http://support.creative.com/Product...prodName=X-Fi+XtremeGamer+Fatal1ty+Pro+Series

Download the first one on the list. Also after you have removed the old ones from add and remove programs download this. To make sure that all traces of the old drivers have gone then reinstall the new ones.

Hope this helps let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
Belloni said:
When i go to add remove - there isn't creative drivers option ...

Ok then just go ahead and use the program that I listed to clear all remaining traces of the drivers then try a reinstall of the drivers that I listed.

Hope this helps.

Wiz

Reaction score
Still nothing, damn it, the one time i need a system restore, damn these rubbish updates.

EDIT: Now it's saying there is no audio device available, when i try to get up the console for the card.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Still nothing, damn it, the one time i need a system restore, damn these rubbish updates.

EDIT: Now it's saying there is no audio device available, when i try to get up the console for the card.

Hi,

When you go into Device Manager is anything got a yellow flag next to it??

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
Oh yes it does - Creative SB X-fi

*Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)*

Reaction score
Belloni said:
Oh yes it does - Creative SB X-fi

*Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)*

Have you tired using the drivers that came with your Creative Driver CD? Also can you let me know your system specs. Try this role back to previorus driver, also have a go at this uninstalling the UMBus Root Bus Enumerator and then searching for hardware changes. Have you got CCleaner installed if so scan for any registry errors and correct them. If this does not work then let me know, and I will do some more looking around see what I can find.

Regards,

Wiz

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi

Have you got ASUS motherboard by any chance?

Seems to be quite a few problems with Windows update replacing audio drivers on ASUS boards and this in turn is corrupting sound cards.

If what Wiz has put doesn't work then turn off the PC, open it up and take out the sound card,

Turn PC back on, go into BIOS on disable onboard sound, F10 to save and exit, let it get into windows, then turn off PC.

Re-install sound card, turn PC back on, you should have the little windows icon in the bottom right of the screen saying "installing devices".

Fingers crossed it works.

Reaction score
Shall i uninstall all creative things i have installed ... then when i re connect the sound card hope that it finds it?

Reaction score
Belloni said:
Shall i uninstall all creative things i have installed ... then when i re connect the sound card hope that it finds it?

Yes give it a try.

Also do what WF has said as well to see if that corrects the issue.

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
Here is what i get in sound --

I've taking it out, turned off, turned back on ... but looking for hardware thing didn't pop up in the bottom right hand corner :s

Attachments

• Sound.jpg
    Sound.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 236
Reaction score
Try taking it out again and seating it again. Have you tried scanning manualy for new hardware did this work?

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
Ahh wait, i followed some instructions and i went to device manager and uninstalled it there ... restarted and it did pop up like normal, but i can't find the disk that came with it so ...

It said - device driver software was not properly installed - multimedia audio controller (is this the creative card)?

I'm downloading the driver update from Creative, the previous one not the latest one, as that's the one i had before when it worked fine ...

Since this failed to install the multimedia audio controller, i can't find it in device manager now :s

Reaction score
Managed to find the disc that came with the card, re installed everything, still the same as before ... when i go to test the speakers from creative, works fine - women says "front right, front left, centre" etc all fine, when i go to play music though ... nothing.

Also ... when i click the bottom right hand icon ... it doesn't bring up the same console as it would before.

EDIT: Put up a picture, music seems to be playing fine, as you can see the green bar moves up and down, i just can't hear it :S

Attachments

• Hmm.jpg
    Hmm.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Ask a Question