Sorry if this is OT, problem with DVD+R/CDR burning

T

t.cruise

I am sorry if this is OT for this group. I am thinking that perhaps there is a Windows XP
setting that is causing the problem, which is why I am posting here. I have a new system
with Windows XP HE. The system has a DVD+R/CDR burner and came with Sonic burning
software. Each time I tried to burn a disk, whether data or music, I kept getting an
error message to insert a media disk into the drive. I tried many CDR disks and kept
getting the same message. Then I uninstalled Sonic totally, and installed Nero. I get
the same problem with Nero. I uninstalled the drive, and let Windows XP find it and
install the drivers again, in case there was corruption. But the drive still will not
recognize the CDR disk to burn it. I plugged in an external Sony DVD+R/CDR burner, and it
works with no problem. The internal drive is listed in the Device manager, and it says
that it is working properly. It WILL READ disks, but will not burn them. Any ideas?

M

Merlin

It sounds to me like your burner is the problem, not Windows XP. It's new
and under warranty so return it or have it replaced.

Ask a Question