Sky Broadband but want to use old Orange e-mail address (SKY useless!!)

Reaction score
Hi All,

Not sure if this questions should go in here or in the Broadband section but here goes!

I've been with Orange for 10 years, used my original "Freeserve" e-mail account for all tht time, a a result my whole life is run through that e-mail address.

For reasons too tedious to go into I changed Broadband supplier from Orange to Sky. Orange said I can keep using the old "Freeserve" e-mail address.

I use MS Outlook 2007 to manage my e-mails and I use WIndows 7.

The settings Orange gave me allow me to receive e-mails through the POP server (pop.orangehome.co.uk / port 110).

However the Sky outgoing settings do not allow me to send e-mails and when I run a test it times out (pop.tools.sky.com / port 465)

Any ideas?

When I go to Tools/Account Settings/double click the account/More Settings/Outgoing Server tab it has a tick box for "my outgoing erver (SMTP) requires authentication, should this be checked or unchecked?

Really hope you can help as everytime I phone Sky they tell me to do something different, none of which work!

Many thanks,

SF

Ask a Question