Scanner and Camera Wizard not appearing in Autoplay

Corey

I recently got a Sony DSC-P52 digital camera and am running Windows XP Pro
with SP1.

When I turn the camera on the autoplay box appears but is empty (no options
available).

It works fine on my parents PC who are also running Win XP Pro but without
SP1 so I know it is possible for it to work.

It does bring up a drive in explorer but I really like using the Scanner and
Camera Wizard.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Susan

Corey,

i had a similar problem with my camera & scanner wizard
with XP.
Please read my post on 22 July 2003 (page 2), where JAC
suggested using autofix.exe to correct the wizard. I had
to fix it using the 'Start, click on Run and type in the
following.......' part of the answer. It worked and I now
have the wizard back!!
Susan

Corey

Susan

I have tried the fix below and this brings back the autoplay box but it is
empty. There are no options at all available.
Corey

Yves Alarie

If no action to perform is listed, click the Select an action to perform
button. Then click on Restore Default.
Does this bring actions such as Copy picture, View Slide show, etc. If it
does, then click on Prompt me each time button and click Apply and OK.

Yves Alarie

Restore default is grayed out when the "Prompt me each time..." button is
selected (button is green). Click on the button "Select an action to
perform" so it becomes green. The Restore Default should now be active
instead of being grayed out. Click on it and see if anything is displayed in
the box. If so, click back on the button "Prompt me...." and then click
Apply and OK.

Yves Alarie

I don't know how why you can't get the Restore Default, other than my
previous selection.
The only thing I can suggest is:
Click on Start, click on Run and type the following in the textbox:
REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
and press Enter.
Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...
I don't know if this will work to repair this function, but it will not harm
your computer.

Yves Alarie

Well, when all else fails buy a USB card reader. About $15.00. You can get
one at the usual computer/electronic stores or order from the Internet.
You can then place your memory card in it and use it to download your
pictures to your hard drive.
I think we (at least me) are out of recommendations, fixes, suggestions etc.
One thing I want to say, you were kind enough to answer back and tell us it
did not work. This will have us working on this problem again to get a
better solution. Most of the time, when people post answers or suggestions
there is no feedback and we have no idea if what we suggested worked or not.
Thanks for hanging in there!

Corey

Thanks for this. I have checked the font's listed on the article and they
are there. Still no go.

Joined
Jun 10, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Yves Alarie said:
I don't know how why you can't get the Restore Default, other than my
previous selection.
The only thing I can suggest is:
Click on Start, click on Run and type the following in the textbox:
REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
and press Enter.
Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...
I don't know if this will work to repair this function, but it will not harm
your computer.
"Corey" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

THis worked for me! I am so happy!
nod.gif

Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Corey its along long time since you had this problem, I have the same exact problem, have you found an answer, I ve googled it tried a few reg edits like the one above but nothing has worked. If any member had similar problem or can help please do. When I insert my sd card or memory stick or even connect the camera the autoplay works and recognises that it has pictures but then there is no option for scanner and camera wizard (or any other) The culprit may have been crapcleaners registry cleaner or one of the picture veiwing softwares I had installed.
autoplay.jpg