Restricted Sites!

Arpan

Isn't IE6 supposed to disallow users to navigate to the sites which are listed as "Restricted Sites" (Tools--->Internet Options--->Security--->Restricted Sites--->Sites) when the Security level for this zone is set to "High"? For e.g. if a fictitious website, say www.abcd.com, is listed as a Restricted site, shouldn't IE block this website so that users cannot access this website? I find that I can still navigate to www.abcd.com without any problems!!

Thanks,

Arpan

Don Varnau

Hi,
Restricted sites can be accessed but are subject to more restrictive
security options in IE. Take a look at Internet Options> Security>
Restricted Sites> Custom to see the settings.

To block all access to selected websites, you could redirect with a HOSTS
file or use the IE Content Advisor.

The Hosts File (Gorilla Design Studio): http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/
310401 - HOW TO Use the IE6 Content Advisor to Control Access to Web Sites
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310401

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Arpan" <arpan_de[at]hotmail.com> wrote in message
Isn't IE6 supposed to disallow users to navigate to the sites which are
listed as "Restricted Sites" (Tools--->Internet
Options--->Security--->Restricted Sites--->Sites) when the Security level
for this zone is set to "High"? For e.g. if a fictitious website, say
www.abcd.com, is listed as a Restricted site, shouldn't IE block this
website so that users cannot access this website? I find that I can still
navigate to www.abcd.com without any problems!!

Thanks,

Arpan

IE Content Advisor.