Remote Desktops - Mouse Pointer Disappearing

Kim

I'm using version 5.2.3790.0 of the remote desktops client on Windows XP,
and every 30 mintues or so the mouse pointer disappears whenever it moves
into the remote desktop screen. It reappears when I move it back onto the
local desktop.

Grrrr. is anybody else having this problem.

KIM

Mahadev Alladi[MS]

Have you configured any special (or 3rd party) mouse pointer on the server?

jhartwick

Mahadev Alladi said:
Have you configured any special (or 3rd party) mouse pointer on the server?

Same problem here, same version, no 3rd party mouse software
installed. This happens on both my machine at home and at work. One
is using a logitech cordless, the other a Microsoft Explorer mouse. I
will log in fine and everything will work for about 30 minutes (but as
short as 20 minutes, and as long as a few hours)... then my mouse
cursor will disappear. It will only disappear when I scroll across
the remot desktop display. If I minimize Remote Desktops I can
continue to use my mouse fine. I can also use the side bar to switch
between desktops, and the top menus, and the status bar - I can see my
mouse cursor on all of them. It just disappears as I move across the
active remote desktop screen. Stopping and restarting remote desktops
fixes the problem.

I have tried different cursors, and unchecked the option "hide when
typing" inside the Mouse Control Panel Applet. Still have the same
problem.

This is for Remote Desktops - the multiple remote desktops tool with
adminpak.msi for 2003. In the XP remote desktop everything works
fine.

Cheers.

Mahadev Alladi[MS]

Thanks for letting us know about this problem It would be great if you can
think of any software or hardware you think that might cause this, we'll
investigate this issue internally and inform you guys here in this forum
also.

--
Mahadev Alladi [MS]
---

jhartwick said:
"Mahadev Alladi[MS]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[...]

I concur ! Remote desktops MMC snapin is great, but this problem drives me
nuts especially if I have 10 sessions open. Closing and reopening the MMC
means I gotta login to them all again. The Remote Desktop Connection in
Accessories does not appear to have this problem.

My system is WinXP SP1, Symantec AV 8.1, Zonelabs Integrity Firewall
3.7.186, Office 2003 Beta 11.5329.5329. All desktop themes and visual
enhancements are disabled.

Hardware is Compaq Evo 510 series - Intel 82845G with latest Intel driver -
6.13.10.3510. I'll investigate with my colleagues who have the same
hardware, although I don't believe they are getting this problem. (or maybe
they dont run the TS MMC long enough)

KIM

Kim

Oh and I also run TweakUI for WINXP.

KIM

Kim said:
I concur ! Remote desktops MMC snapin is great, but this problem drives me
nuts especially if I have 10 sessions open. Closing and reopening the MMC
means I gotta login to them all again. The Remote Desktop Connection in
Accessories does not appear to have this problem.

My system is WinXP SP1, Symantec AV 8.1, Zonelabs Integrity Firewall
3.7.186, Office 2003 Beta 11.5329.5329. All desktop themes and visual
enhancements are disabled.

Hardware is Compaq Evo 510 series - Intel 82845G with latest Intel driver -
6.13.10.3510. I'll investigate with my colleagues who have the same
hardware, although I don't believe they are getting this problem. (or maybe
they dont run the TS MMC long enough)

KIM

Joined
Jun 16, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Solution for Disappearing Mouse

Install Windows XP SP 2 on windows XP OS or Windows 2003 SP 1 for Windows 2003 OS. And consider your problem disappeared for ever.

Cheers
Maverick