Re: How do I reduce files size of JPG in bulk

Discussion in 'Windows XP Photos' started by John Inzer, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. John Inzer

    John Inzer Guest

    I guess you're running WinXP or you wouldn't be here...right?

    OK, go to the following link and download and install:
    ImageResizer.exe

    http://tinyurl.com/36n

    Then you can open any folder that contains images
    and you will have an option to resize. Just right click
    the selected image files and choose Resize Pictures.
    You can select one image or a whole group.

    The program will place the resized copies in the folder
    with your originals.

    BTW...when resizing if you go to...Advanced Button /
    Custom...and enter 640 in each field...that will be a good
    size for e-mail purposes.

    --

    John Inzer
    Picture It! MVP

    John Inzer, Jul 17, 2003

  2. John Inzer

    Jake Guest

    program is concerned, but I don't agree on a 640(KB) for
    a "good" size for emailing. A high resolution photo
    should be resized to 300 to 400KB for emailing,
    especially in JPG or JPeG format. It is faster and can
    be expanded with little loss of resolution or Aspect
    Ratio, if necessary.

    Jake, Jul 17, 2003

  3. John Inzer

    John Inzer Guest

    Jake wrote:
    > >John, you gave the right info as far as the ImageResizer

    > program is concerned, but I don't agree on a 640(KB) for
    > a "good" size for emailing. A high resolution photo
    > should be resized to 300 to 400KB for emailing,
    > especially in JPG or JPeG format. It is faster and can
    > be expanded with little loss of resolution or Aspect
    > Ratio, if necessary.

    ===================================
    Who cares what you agree with???

    I didn't say 640KB...what I said was "enter
    640 in each field"...which will result in an image
    with the correct aspect ratio and the longest
    side will not be over 640 pixels. Apparently
    you've never used the ImageResizer and have
    no idea how it works.

    --

    John Inzer
    Picture It! MVP