Raid help needed

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have a PCI-Express SATA 300 Raid card which will take 2 hdd. Similar to this one,

http://www.span.com/product_info.php?products_id=15997&source=gbaseuk&currency=GBP

I chose it as it has a nice GUI that will work in Windows or GNU/Linux and it alows you to boot from it.

I set up a Raid array.Then try to instal XP.

I put the manufacturers drivers on a floppy and try to instal XP.

XP sees the array and starts to load XP but I keep getting this screen.

attachment.php

These are the files from the floppy. If I press ENTER I keep getting kicked back this screen. If I press ESC then I get to run through several other screens similar to the above and then XP loads up. The system reboots and I get a Windows logo and it looks like it will load up. Then I get this screen.

attachment.php

I have tried all sorts of different ways to load XP but I always end up at the above screen.

Any bright ideas folks.

:confused::(

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Suspect a faulty floppy disk.

Grab another floppy, format and chkdsk it then if ok load the RAID drivers again.

If that doesn't work, check the card manufacturer's website and if they're available download the drivers needed for the floppy disk and try again.

Ask a Question