help needed !!!!

Reaction score
Eventually recieved my bits from ebuyer today, motherboard, CPU, graphics card, case and fans, put it all together and cant do anything with it, the screen comes up and try's to start windows, but comes up with a screen saying need to set up RAID BIOS UTILITY?????

What is that?????

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
how many hard drives ? SATA or IDE ? what motherboard ? have you installed XP or an OS ?

Reaction score
1 hard drive, from my old pc, XP installed on it already, IDE, motherboard is ASRock 939A8X-M

Reaction score
how can you freeze the screen so l can write down what it actually says before it starts to re-boot???

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
kenny12 said:
1 hard drive, from my old pc, XP installed on it already, IDE, motherboard is ASRock 939A8X-M
You cannot install a HD with XP already on it to a new system ... without every error in the book being thrown at you.

Do a clean install of XP ;)

Reaction score
muckshifter,
l,ve just put the new hard drive in and am doing a new clean install, does this mean everything on my original HD is lost, or can l retrieve this at some point????

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
kenny12 said:
muckshifter,
l,ve just put the new hard drive in and am doing a new clean install, does this mean everything on my original HD is lost, or can l retrieve this at some point????
Yes, everything WILL BE LOST if you 'clean install' any OS

If you wanted anything saving, you should have done it before you dismantled the old PC ... ;)

Reaction score
kenny12 said:
muckshifter,
Remember what I told you>>>>>
Get what I have told you or you won`t get it working Trust me?
£313.39 Inclusive that is a cheap, and a good system not the best but good
nod.gif

Now why on earth are you trying to use the old HDD??????

Reaction score
but the mobo was knackered so could,nt retrieve anything at that point.
l must be missing the point here, but if there's nothing wrong with my original HD, then why cant it just be installed into a PC and run up, then remove the needed documents onto a portable HD???

I am doing a clean install on a new HD at the moment, so anything on the old HD should still be there, or am l just talking *hit haha

Reaction score
hi itsme,

glad your on tonight, might need some help, was just trying the old HDD to see if it would boot up so l could retrieve some important docs off it, lve fitted the new HDD now and am in the progress of installing XP.

Reaction score
When you have set up XP on the new HDD, You can then add the old one to the PC and transfer the data if your lucky that is, otherwise you lose all thats on the old one. It can be done so take your time;) Don`t start the picnic until you get to the meadow?;)

Reaction score
Kenny I have to go out and wont be home untill tomorrow, just set it up I will sort it later;) Dont try it on your own???? OYWFIU.....

Reaction score
haha your probably right.

l'l come on tomorrow night, might be about 9 ish before l get on, l wont try anything until l know your online, whether thats tomorrow or another day,

Thanks again for all your help and support

Kenny

Reaction score
Ok so you are now ready?

Have you set 1st boot from HDD? Installed> the entire necessary drivers/firewall/anti virus. Downloaded all of the XP up-dates? And the PC is running correctly?:nod:

Ask a Question