Windows XP Quarter Size Windows

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm on my daughter's PC and it runs on XP. When I open a new window instead of completely covering the existing window it only covers the top quarter. I can drag the bottom of the window down by clicking and holding on it and it then stays down but I shouldn't have to do this. I've never seen this before. :confused:

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi Niv

I'm assuming your daughters computer is running IE7...? When you open the new window, move the cursor to the lower left corner and drag the corner till it is full screen..Then go up to file and click exit/close from there..Next time you open a new window it should open full screen.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Mxg. :thumb:

I've tried your suggestion but the problem remains.

Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Size your window then goto

Tools/folderoptions/view

click on 'apply to all folders'

if that dont work scroll down again and tick 'remember each folders view settings' and apply

try that mate

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Back on my daughter's PC now. Thanks for the info TD.On Tools, Folder Options is not there !
I'm not sure that I'm in the correct Tools menu. :confused: I've brought this one up by right clicking on a blank part of the top menu bar. Is this right?

Ask a Question