Plextor announces the PleXWriter Premium

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Plextor Europe announced the latest CD-RW. The brand new PlexWriter Premium supports CD-R reading/writing at a speed of 52x, and rewrites at a top speed of 32x. The drive has an access time of less than 65 ms, an extensive 8MB buffer, and is equipped with the Buffer Underrun Proof technology to avoid this kind of error.

PlexWriter Premium offers the new “GigaRec” function, allowing storing up to 1.2 GB of data on a standard 99 minute CD (or up to 1 GB on an 80 minute CD), an increase in capacity of over 40%. With its “SecuRec” hardware password protection, you can protect all your data. To extend the working life of the drive and run the whole process really quietly, you can use “Silent Mode” to set the access times, read and write speed and the eject time yourself.

Read full story here

Reaction score
This looks good. Sounds like I could get a few extra tracks on my existing CD's...I'll be looking for a Plextor when i upgrade my writer and this could be just the one.8)

Reaction score
Interesting...are these new CDs backwards compatable with existing CD-ROM or CD-RW drives, or just the new Plextor ones? Any idea on how much these will cost?

Reaction score
Nevermind, says here they'll retail for 119 euros. That's quite expensive, but not as expensive as those Yamaha F1s, if I recall.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
You ask a question and answer it 2 minutes later!! That is what I call self service:D

Reaction score
Yes, I know....whenever I can't figure something out it starts to annoy me so I go on a mad search for the answer. ;)

Reaction score
Originally posted by Eric Portelance
Yes, I know....whenever I can't figure something out it starts to annoy me so I go on a mad search for the answer. ;)

Be careful, Eric...people might get to posting bizarre lateral thinking questions just to send you off on wild goose chases...:brow:

Ask a Question