First Ever Sata Dvd Burner From Plextor - also audiophile grade!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Plextor has introduced the first ever Serial ATA (SATA) based DVD-writer - PX-712SA. The drive writes at 12x speed, with the datarate being over 16MB/s. The SATA-interface is the successor of the ATA-interface.

The write speeds for the PX-712SA drive are: 12x DVD+R, 8x DVD-R, 4x DVD+RW, 4x DVD-RW, 48x VD-R and 24x CD-RW. The read speed for DVD-ROM is 16x and 48x for CD-ROM.

The drive boasts several write enhancement technologies. PoweRec (Plextor Optimised Writing Error Reduction Control) reduces errors during writing, while Buffer Underrun Proof, Lossless Linking and Zero Link prevent buffer underrun errors when writing to CD, DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW discs.

Plextor's VariRec (Variable Recording) technology, which is particularly most appealing to the audiophile fraternity is also included, enabling the user to select one of eight tone settings to obtain a more personalised sound.

The PX-712SA is bundled with an extensive software package:
* Ahead Nero: CD/DVD mastering software
* Ahead InCD: Packet writing software
* Nero BackItUp
* Pinnacle Studio 9: Video editing and authoring software
* Cyberlink Power DVD: DVD player software
* PlexTools Professional: CD/DVD utility software

The PX-712SA comes with a two year warranty and free on-site collect & return service.

Plextor has always been the leader when it comes to burners. They have come out with more "First Ever...." since early 90's than any other manufacturer. Plextor is also the first choice when it comes to audiophiles, because, no other manufacturer offers the "VariRec" type of facility in their CD/DVD burners.

For more information visit Plextor's website

Reaction score
cool!

gone crazy with the included s/w!,

quad, do you how fast it's possible to burn dvd's?

and is 8x the max for pata?

J

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
This drive can burn a full DVD in just 6 minutes! This is a 12x burner. The problem is that the burners are far ahead of the media, the burners get faster and faster but media is always trying to catch up. I doubt there are many stores who have the stock of 12 x media, even 8x is in short supply at times. This burner will burn an 8x media at 12x provided the media is from the good source and recommended by Plextor. They have a full list on the website for compatible media and I always choose from what they say.

Plextor also offers same drive in PATA as well so for those who do not have a board with SATA can go for the alternative.

Plextor always bundles the best in software, they do not compromise and they also do not care if their price is higher than competition, they are still in business! Why? because they have a very loyal clientale, who buy once and always buy Plextor. I personally use Two Plextor burners myself between office and home. Recently I bought the Lacie/NEC DVD burner, that was the last non Plextor burner for me. Even though it was good but it was not as good as Plextor can be:).

Last edited:

Ask a Question