Photo Story 3 - access denied on redirected 'my documents'

John Fedor

When users save projects, it goes to 'my documents' by default. My documents
is a redirected folder to the file server.
They have 2 methods to get to the same place:
H:\My documents (where H is mapped to \\server\share\user)
Or Desktop\My Documents (where "my documents" is redirected to
\\server\share\user\my documents)

If I create a new Photo Story project, I can save it to Desktop\My
documents, no error.
If I try to Edit the project using that same path, I get "access denied"
If I try to edit the project using the H path, it opens up fine.
If I try to open the file up using Notepad via either method, it works fine.
I can add/changed/edit files without issue using other applications using
either path.
It appears that Photo Story 3 has an issue with the 'my documents' folder
being redirected for some reason.
It isn't a security/ACL/permission issue.
Has anyone else seen that or have suggestions?

I'll tell people to make sure they use the H drive mapping to open up
projects, but since many are young students, it would be nice if there was a
way so it would simply just work properly.

Thanks.

andrew chorley

John Fedor said:
[...]

I have the exact same issue, thing is when you have 200 odd computers
manually making an H:\ is some what time consuming

Ritter 197

I downloaded the MS Photo Story 3 a number of times and then did the normal
MS authentication and started the installation process.

At one point it always stops and when I tried it even in Safe Mode it said
:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation".

I am the only user of the hoe desktop computer and cannot imagine what they
mean, since no Help screen is available to fix this.

How do I successfully install Photo story?

Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Do we have the solution for this yet?

Do we have the solution yet?

Ritter 197 said:
I downloaded the MS Photo Story 3 a number of times and then did the normal
MS authentication and started the installation process.

At one point it always stops and when I tried it even in Safe Mode it said
:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation".

I am the only user of the hoe desktop computer and cannot imagine what they
mean, since no Help screen is available to fix this.

How do I successfully install Photo story?

news:[email protected]...