    as MS Photo Story? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Jeff

    Jeff, Jul 3, 2008

  2. Jeff

    PapaJohn Guest

    No, you can't extend the 300 picture limit. You can go two ways....

    1 - If you put a number of videos on a DVD, there's just a second or two
    pause between them.

    2 - You can combine multiple stories into a movie using Movie Maker

    In either case, you can't put the stories or movies directly onto the
    DVDs... they need conversion to MPEG2 files, something done by your DVD
    making software, not Photo Story or Movie Maker

    PapaJohn (MVP)

    PapaJohn, Jul 3, 2008

  3. Hello Jeff:

    As you may know, PhotoStory does panning and the neat transitions between
    photos, and you can easily add the audio or titles to each photo.

    Movie Maker will accept individual .jpg files, but you must individually
    select the transitions and the panning. It's all very time consuming to do
    manually! PhotoStory is such a great program!

    And as they said, your picture limit with PhotoStory is far less than 300
    photos when you add in the music and the transitions.

    What I've done in the past is do a lead-in with a PhotoStory and then save
    it as a .wmv file. Then go to Movie Maker and start with the PhotoStory
    ..wmv, then add the individual jpg (photos) files to make the rest of the
    presentation. You can add the music to the Movie Maker story and save it as
    a wmv file.

    Then you convert the wmv file to a MPEG (like a video movie.) Works slick!

    Make certain you understand and have a program to convert the .wmv to the
    right type of MPEG!

    Good Luck with your 50th anniversary presentation. Everyone is going to
    want a copy! (My wife and I get to celebrate our 50th Anniversary this year!
    I'd better get started working on a presentation one of these days real soon
    now!)

    Cordially yours,

    Young Snodgrass

    Young Snodgrass, Jul 18, 2008
  4. Jeff

    Laura Guest

    What I do is make my slideshows and then open up my Windows Movie maker and
    add my slideshow video files in them. Then you can go to the tools and add
    title and credits.

    Here's a sample of what you can do using the two program

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6201877943324728242

    Laura Kidd

    Laura, Aug 6, 2008
  5. Jeff

    Gord Dibben Guest

    After you follow Laura's suggestion, you must burn your finished *.WMV file
    to DVD.

    You will probably need a third-party authoring system to burn to DVD.

    John Inzer frequently recommends

    For that...you need DVD authoring software...
    the following freeware may be worth a try:

    DVD Flick
    http://www.dvdflick.net/

    Be sure to read the Guide:
    http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php