[OT] User Desktop shots

burnr

I just cleaned up my desktop and made a new background. Wife's not
interested in the least :) So to show-off to somebody/anybody, I'm starting
this perfectly OT post hoping that inbetween flames we might see some
really kewl desktops.

http://freeware4u.com/shots/desk.jpg

REM

I just cleaned up my desktop and made a new background. Wife's not
interested in the least :) So to show-off to somebody/anybody, I'm starting
this perfectly OT post hoping that inbetween flames we might see some
really kewl desktops.

That's great! Awesome graphic. I love the calendar date showing, as I never set
my watch until at least the 28th, and I never really _know_ what day it is. <G>
Great programs out there too!

I'll get back with mine..

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Omar=A9?=

burnr said:
I just cleaned up my desktop and made a new background. Wife's not
interested in the least :) So to show-off to somebody/anybody, I'm starting
this perfectly OT post hoping that inbetween flames we might see some
really kewl desktops.

http://freeware4u.com/shots/desk.jpg

I like it, only one problem when I click on the icons nothing happens why?

Omar (running for cover)
--
"When I am right, No one remembers
When I am wrong, No one forgets"

The Home of Pricelessware 2004
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/

R. L.

I just cleaned up my desktop and made a new background.
Wife's not interested in the least :) So to show-off to
somebody/anybody, I'm starting this perfectly OT post
hoping that inbetween flames we might see some really kewl
desktops.

http://freeware4u.com/shots/desk.jpg

Wow, very nice, very nice wallpaper, too (did you make it
yourself??)!! BTW, is it some kind of lauchbar you have on
that (lower right on the desktop) or it is just part of the
wallpaper?? Can't tell just by see the screenshot.

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater (+other goodies)

burnr

Wow, very nice, very nice wallpaper, too (did you make it
yourself??)!! BTW, is it some kind of lauchbar you have on
that (lower right on the desktop) or it is just part of the
wallpaper?? Can't tell just by see the screenshot.

The main pic. is from digitalblasphemy.com and I just added the text and
bars and "electric flame" :) No. it's not a launchbar, just an element of
the pic. I added and positioned so as to align with windows positioning
of the icons.

btw...you should recognize one of the icons in the bottom bar ;) I've
been intending to get around to asking if I could list LittleBackerUpper
on FW4U, but never seem to get around to it. It's a very nice tool and I
would be pleased to include it in my collection.

R. L.

"R. L."
<(removethis)ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST>
wrote in news:[email protected]:
The main pic. is from digitalblasphemy.com and I just added
the text and bars and "electric flame" :) No. it's not a
launchbar, just an element of the pic. I added and
positioned so as to align with windows positioning of the
icons.

Very nice! I tried to do something like that with my
Wallpaper so I can organize the icons into group, but I am
really no talent on graphic stuff, it does not look nearly as
nice as what you did :)

btw...you should recognize one of the icons in the bottom
bar ;)

Awesome, I did recognize that icon, although I didn't assume
that it was LBU. You know, a lot of appl has that same icon
:) Wow, so people are actually using that program (yeah!)
I've been intending to get around to asking if I
could list LittleBackerUpper on FW4U, but never seem to get
around to it. It's a very nice tool and I would be pleased
to include it in my collection.

Of course you can. Since I made them mostly for myself and
the ACf folks here, I never really go around to announce them
in other places. I only made some announcements here and in
the AutoIt forum, and have submited one or two to FreewareHome
because I really like their site. However, you are more than
welcomed to list and distribute anything you want on my site.
In the meantime, thank you for the compliment and I think you
have a very nice site :-D

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater (+other goodies)
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html
********************************
Pricelessware voting annual results and information:
http://www.pricelessware.org,
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org,
http://www.earths-ocular.com/mirror/www.pricelesswarehome.org/

burnr

Of course you can. Since I made them mostly for myself and
the ACf folks here, I never really go around to announce them
in other places.

Excellent!. Thanks, I'll get it listed today :)

dadiOH

burnr said:
I just cleaned up my desktop and made a new background. Wife's not
interested in the least :) So to show-off to somebody/anybody, I'm
starting this perfectly OT post hoping that inbetween flames we
might see some really kewl desktops.

Here are a couple (of many) that I use. Not kewl - or even cool - but they
are damn sure neat! :)

http://mysite.verizon.net/xico/Pix/Desktop.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/xico/Pix/Desktop2.jpg

The clutter? That's in three auto hiding taskbars (one at bottom, one at
each side) each with numerous toolbars. Move the cursor to a side or bottom
and the toolbar pops out. Handy - like QuickLaunch on steroids.
http://mysite.verizon.net/xico/Pix/Toolbars.jpg

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Omar=A9?=

dadiOH said:
Here are a couple (of many) that I use. Not kewl - or even cool - but they
are damn sure neat! :)

http://mysite.verizon.net/xico/Pix/Desktop.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/xico/Pix/Desktop2.jpg

The clutter? That's in three auto hiding taskbars (one at bottom, one at
each side) each with numerous toolbars. Move the cursor to a side or bottom
and the toolbar pops out. Handy - like QuickLaunch on steroids.
http://mysite.verizon.net/xico/Pix/Toolbars.jpg

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

Well you got one that I have not seen for ages, TRS 80???
O my :))

Omar
--

dadiOH said:
Here are a couple (of many) that I use. Not kewl - or even cool - but
they are damn sure neat! :)

http://mysite.verizon.net/xico/Pix/Desktop.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/xico/Pix/Desktop2.jpg

Yes, neat indeed. :) I like the effect on the flower particularly.
The clutter? That's in three auto hiding taskbars (one at bottom, one
at each side) each with numerous toolbars. Move the cursor to a side
or bottom and the toolbar pops out. Handy - like QuickLaunch on
steroids. http://mysite.verizon.net/xico/Pix/Toolbars.jpg

So many programs, so little time. Your toolbars look like your close to
having as many apps. installed as I do. heh!

R. L.

"R. L."
<(removethis)ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST>
wrote in

Efficient you are! :)

I have the download link pointing to your host, as is
typical for most listings.

No problem :)

Thanks!

--

Omar© said:
Well you got one that I have not seen for ages, TRS 80???
O my :))

Emulator. Still handy from time to time :)

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

dadiOH

burnr said:
So many programs, so little time. Your toolbars look like your
close to having as many apps. installed as I do. heh!

Oh, I've got *lots* more...those are just the ones I use with some frequency
:)

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

Ben Cooper

burnr said:
I just cleaned up my desktop and made a new background. Wife's not
interested in the least :) So to show-off to somebody/anybody, I'm
starting this perfectly OT post hoping that inbetween flames we might
see some really kewl desktops.

http://freeware4u.com/shots/desk.jpg

Very nice. :)

I keep my desktop clear of all icons and I use Microsoft's Wallpaper
Changer Powertoy for WinXP to rotate through my desktop pictures. I've
got it set to change every 15 minutes.
Here's a recent screen cap-
http://members.cox.net/microheroes/screen/Screen01.jpg

Here's the link to the Powertoy, if anyone would like to get it-
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/create_powertoy.mspx

R. L.

Very nice. :)
I keep my desktop clear of all icons and I use Microsoft's
Wallpaper Changer Powertoy for WinXP to rotate through my
desktop pictures. I've got it set to change every 15
minutes. Here's a recent screen cap-
http://members.cox.net/microheroes/screen/Screen01.jpg

Here's the link to the Powertoy, if anyone would like to
get it-
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/creat
e_powertoy.mspx

I used this one, too. Pretty good indeed.
However, the only thing that made me stop using it was that I
wanted to have an option of hiding icons in some desktops but
not all. I tried a few of them but they somehow do strange
things with XP when came to the hide icon feature. Finally, I
settle with one called DoubleDesktop
(http://www.fatfreesoft.com/2desk.php), which is more stable
than others I tried (although it does not have wallpaper
changing scheduling feature and only have 2 desktops - I set
the two to one hide all the icons one not).

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater (+other goodies)
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html
********************************
Pricelessware voting annual results and information:
http://www.pricelessware.org,
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org,
http://www.earths-ocular.com/mirror/www.pricelesswarehome.org/

monkeyman

I just cleaned up my desktop and made a new background. Wife's not
interested in the least :) So to show-off to somebody/anybody, I'm starting
this perfectly OT post hoping that inbetween flames we might see some
really kewl desktops.

http://freeware4u.com/shots/desk.jpg

I happen to have a snap shot up on a server already so here it is:
http://members.shaw.ca/momusu/desk.jpg

The O.S. is QNX and the shell is KDE 3.1. The background picture is
from Digital Blasphemy.