Onboard sound

Reaction score
Hello
First for some background... I have an athalon 1ghz on an ECS K7VZA with 576mb of ram. I run XP Pro SP1, When I first built this system this problem frustrated me so much that I actually bought a PCI sound card.. Ive just given that away forgetting that my onboard had problems.

Right, whenever I enable the onboard sound in the bios, I would expect XP to regcodnise it even if it doesnt have drivers for it it surely should see something, Nothing happens so I run the install program which installs the drivers. I then get the message that the device cannot start, and an error code 10 which I have discovered Microsoft suggest to update drivers. I have tried both old and new drivers with the same result. Please help

BTW its an AC'97 sound codec and KT133 chipset

Attachments

• sound.jpg
    sound.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 220

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Delete all sound drivers and leave it with the yellow exclamation mark ... go to "Windows Update" and it should 'see' you need a driver and offer you an update.

If that don't work ... :spin: ... get another cheap sound card. :D

Ask a Question