System Speccs:

Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q8400 2.66GHz, 8 Mb level2 cache
Memory: OZC XTC Titanium OCZ2T800C44GK
Gb (2 * 2 Gb) DDR2-800
Timings: 4-4-4-15
Motherboard:MSI P43 Neo-F
Grafixcard: Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128Mb

Well, what happened is:

I logged on my PC a few days ago, and all off a sudden my sound was gone. I thought i might have muted it, but i wasn`t. Found out that when i went too Sound Options and used the Test function. I could hear a scratchy sound from my right speaker. After this I managed too get some sound out my right speaker. But only the low tunes sounds and u can only here them scratching around. Dont hear any High or midtones.

The onboard sound card still recognizes when i Switch my plug in different holes.

So, u think my onboard sound is broken, Drivers outdated (Use Win 7 Drivers i got at install). Or maybe just a stupid mistake i made. (Plz dont respond and tell me too get it off mute).

Thnx in advance

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Cmone and welcome to PCR. :wave:

Can I assume you've tried a different set of speakers?

Reaction score
Counld well be a dodgy cable. A break in it somewhere, either end maybe next to strain relief or within speaker cables

Internal sound or separate card?

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Have you checked Device manager to see if any exclamation marks are present ?? , I reinstalled vista and lost my sound found the problem lurking there ..worth a trawl about :)

Reaction score
Thanks all,

And for the questions some off u had or possible failures, i did try a different set off speakers and head phones. Wich both work perfectly when connected too phone and stereo.

For the cable i tested the AUX too normal plug that i normally use in the car. So that aint the issue. And its an internal onboard card.

And for Rush. Im going too reinstall my OS Win7 on a different Hdd to see if this will solve the problem.

I also tried too install the drivers given too me on CD with the motherboard. On the original CD it says its for OS Vista. So i tried too install the Realtek HD Audio sound driver. But it keeps giving me an error saying the program isn`t supported by any software bundles (Dutch version, dont know the correct translation). But it does install on Win XP (Previous OS before Win7).

But my gues is, that if it doesnt work after reinstall of Win7 or XP that the plug is broken somehow.

Ask a Question