Offer Remote Assistance

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Guest, Mar 9, 2005.

    Hello,
    does anyone know how to enable Offer Remote Assistance using registry key?

    Guest, Mar 9, 2005

  2. This is the only method you can use to offer Remote Assistance:

    How to Use Offer Remote Assistance
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Mar 9, 2005

    Are you sure?
    You mean there is no way I can enable Offer Remote Assistance using registry
    key?

    Guest, Mar 9, 2005
  4. How can I start Remote Assistance and Offer Remote Assistance from the command-line?
    http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBQ/tip8000/rh8047.htm

    To start Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:

    %SystemRoot%\System32\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA

    To launch Offer Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:

    "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore"
    hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Mar 9, 2005

    Thanks,
    but that's not registry key

    Guest, Mar 9, 2005
  6. Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\), Mar 9, 2005
  7. Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

    > How can I start Remote Assistance and Offer Remote Assistance from the command-line?
    > http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBQ/tip8000/rh8047.htm
    >
    > To start Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:
    >
    > %SystemRoot%\System32\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA
    >
    > To launch Offer Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:
    >
    > "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore"
    > hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm

    Hi Carey,

    Note that the OP wrote *enable*, not start.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\), Mar 9, 2005